Christensen Ridgeline issues

RyanM

Lil-Rokslider
Alright so, I bought a CA Ridgeline in .300 wsm and put a Huskemaw scope on it. I thought it would be a good combo. Currently after mounting, leveling and torquing everything down to specs, Im not even on paper at 100. Shooting 165 grain Federal premium. Has anyone ever had this issue? Could it be the scope? I boresighted at 25 yards, so I feel like it should be on paper. Also, I’m not the best shooter ever, but I’m definitely not that bad. Any suggestions are appreciated, also I am not set up to load my own at the moment.

MThuntr

WKR
bore sight at 25 yards...shoot then move your target to 50 yards...shoot again to see where your impacts are...then move to 100.

my experience with bore sighting at 25 is that you're going to be way high at 100 yards.

OP
RyanM

RyanM

Lil-Rokslider
bore sight at 25 yards...shoot then move your target to 50 yards...shoot again to see where your impacts are...then move to 100.

my experience with bore sighting at 25 is that you're going to be way high at 100 yards.
Alright, I’ll give that a go. With times the way they are I don’t want to go through too much ammo just zeroing.

I go ol fashion and pull the bolt center a softball size target dial crosshairs to it and start shooting always on paper

This and I like to put up 4 targets flipped around with a big dot in the center to make 1 big ol' white square so you can see where you hit if you were off paper of just 1 target. But yeah, I pull the bolt and look through the bore and adjust the scope like that, works every time.

OP
RyanM

RyanM

Lil-Rokslider
This and I like to put up 4 targets flipped around with a big dot in the center to make 1 big ol' white square so you can see where you hit if you were off paper of just 1 target. But yeah, I pull the bolt and look through the bore and adjust the scope like that, works every time.
That’s an idea too! Lol I’ve never had this much trouble zeroing a rifle. 🤦🏻‍♂️

JakeB2010

FNG
I second blacktails comment. Pull the bolt out, center the paper looking down your bore at 100yds and then dial your scope accordingly. Last time I did this, all I had to do was adjust 2in left and 1/2in high and the gun was zeroed so it is fairly close.

OP
RyanM

RyanM

Lil-Rokslider
I second blacktails comment. Pull the bolt out, center the paper looking down your bore at 100yds and then dial your scope accordingly. Last time I did this, all I had to do was adjust 2in left and 1/2in high and the gun was zeroed so it is fairly close.
Perfect, I’ll try that then when I try again tomorrow.

Yup! Agree with above. Pull the bolt and center the bore on your target. Make sure it’s held solid and dial your scope until reticle is centered on target. Reconfirm and shoot it. Should get you plenty close at 100.