Christensen Ridgeline replacement stock

kipper09

WKR
Looking at replacing the stock on my ridgeline 300 win. Wanted to see if anybody has swapped stocks and if they did what you have went to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lintond

WKR
I replaced mine Ridgeline with a mess altitude. I haven’t tried a ton of stocks but I’ve been happy with the switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mwf008

Lil-Rokslider
I put my Mesa in a McMillan Game Warden and I’m very happy with it. They have the specific inletting for the CA actions. 100 percent drop in, and accuracy actually improved.

LRJammer

FNG
I understand the plight. I couldnt deal with the CA stock either. I went with a Manners MCS-T with a mini-chassis. The full carbon fiber upgrade reduced the weight to offset the increase with the mini chassis. They are a bit pricey and there is a wait for it, but they are Sooooo worth it!

iseebucks

Lil-Rokslider
I too understand the plight and wish CA would read these forums because there are a lot of people who are dissatisfied with the stock. I have a CA Ridgeline and absolutely hate the stock. It is an outdated design and as someone else noted you need extremely large hands to pull the trigger comfortably.

It can't be as simple as buying the replacement stock and screwing it in right? Does a competent gunsmith need to swap out the stocks?

452b264

Lil-Rokslider
Mesa Precision carbon fiber. I love it. I had my gunsmith bed the stock as all stocks will benefit from a quality bedding job.

Mesa Precision carbon fiber. I love it. I had my gunsmith bed the stock as all stocks will benefit from a quality bedding job.

What was the turnaround time on this? I have a Manners EH1 on order but am not expecting it for at least 6 more months. Maybe I should order one of these and sell the Manners when it comes. I like how these have more of a cutout for the base of your palm than the Manners do.... that is one thing I do like about the CA factory stock.

452b264

Lil-Rokslider
What was the turnaround time on this? I have a Manners EH1 on order but am not expecting it for at least 6 more months. Maybe I should order one of these and sell the Manners when it comes. I like how these have more of a cutout for the base of your palm than the Manners do.... that is one thing I do like about the CA factory sto
Redhawk rifles is good to go, I have bought about $3000 in rifle parts from them in the past.
The web site says 12/14 weeks for a lead time.

452b264

Lil-Rokslider
What was the turnaround time on this? I have a Manners EH1 on order but am not expecting it for at least 6 more months. Maybe I should order one of these and sell the Manners when it comes. I like how these have more of a cutout for the base of your palm than the Manners do.... that is one thing I do like about the CA factory stock.
I have also bought parts from this company and you will get your stock in 5/6 days at the most. He has the it in stock for Remington 700/clones.

452b264

Lil-Rokslider
JAOUTDOORS has the alpine and mojave in stock. I have the mojave on my CA ridgeline 300 win. and its lighter then my 6.5 PRC Mesa I just bought and they have the same scope/mounts.

TheViking

WKR
JAOUTDOORS has the alpine and mojave in stock. I have the mojave on my CA ridgeline 300 win. and its lighter then my 6.5 PRC Mesa I just bought and they have the same scope/mounts.

What’s the weight savings?

I have a CA 300 WM Mesa and I wouldn’t be upset if it lost a 1-1.5#s

I don’t get why CA can’t get it together and put updated stocks on their rifles? I’d consider buying one if they did but as it is I can build one for what it costs to buy a Ridgeline and replace the stock

I put my Mesa in a McMillan Game Warden and I’m very happy with it. They have the specific inletting for the CA actions. 100 percent drop in, and accuracy actually improved.
I am considering this option. Could you speak to the stiffness of the stock? CA seems pretty spongey at the foreend. Does McMillan improve that? Any other improvements you see?

mwf008

Lil-Rokslider
I am considering this option. Could you speak to the stiffness of the stock? CA seems pretty spongey at the foreend. Does McMillan improve that? Any other improvements you see?
Yes it’s a much stiffer and more substantial fore end. Other improvements were much better ergonomics and better accuracy. I love the vertical grip, just fits so much better.

hicountry1

Lil-Rokslider
Stockys carbon fiber, love it

Attachments

• 41711 (1).jpeg
    41711 (1).jpeg
    189.6 KB · Views: 90
  • 41715 (1).jpeg
    41715 (1).jpeg
    524.8 KB · Views: 77
  • 35538.jpeg
    35538.jpeg