Christensen Ridgeline titanium 7mm mag weight

Does anyone have one and know the actual weight? The guy at Christensen said somewhere around 7lbs, which makes it heavier than the regular Ridgeline.
Thanks

I am curious too. I was going to go to the gun shop and order one tomorrow. The guy said they can get one. But on christensens website it says they only come in 6.5 cm, 6.5 prc, 308 and 300 win mag. Does anyone know if it actually comes in 7mm rem mag and the weight?

khuber84

WKR
I am curious too. I was going to go to the gun shop and order one tomorrow. The guy said they can get one. But on christensens website it says they only come in 6.5 cm, 6.5 prc, 308 and 300 win mag. Does anyone know if it actually comes in 7mm rem mag and the weight?
Idk about the weight, but 7mag is listed in both Mesa ti and ridgeline ti. 6.1# is base for the Mesa ti, add 3oz for long action and 4oz for 2" of barrel. You'll be at 6.6# the BIGGEST problem with Christensen weights, is their stock. I have observed em as light as 34oz, and a few almost 40oz. Their fill is super inconsistent causing this I believe. A lot of guys have had their Ti Christensen rifles coming in close to a half # over advertised.

Kotaman

WKR
Idk about the weight, but 7mag is listed in both Mesa ti and ridgeline ti. 6.1# is base for the Mesa ti, add 3oz for long action and 4oz for 2" of barrel. You'll be at 6.6# the BIGGEST problem with Christensen weights, is their stock. I have observed em as light as 34oz, and a few almost 40oz. Their fill is super inconsistent causing this I believe. A lot of guys have had their Ti Christensen rifles coming in close to a half # over advertised.
^This...

BlackTail

Lil-Rokslider
I’d buy the Ridgeline Ti and put it in a manners EH or a McMillan edge stock.
The “problem” with doing that is your end cost. Even if you get a couple hundred selling the factory stock, you’re about $2300 into the barreled action. You could build a top notch custom barreled action for really close to that and most likely end up with a much nicer rifle.

khuber84

WKR
I don’t know. Ti action is what, $1500? Plus 600-700 for a carbon wrapped barrel?
custom Ti action: 1500$
Carbon Barrel: 650$ minimum
Borrom metal mag box and follower: 180$
Trigger: 125$
Machining: 330-400$
Muzzle brake: 50$

That's the price for what you're getting in equivalent well similar when you get a CA titanium. CA has very hit and miss machining unfortunately. They will usually make it right if there is a problem though.

Sandstrom

WKR
This is the one I have in 308. When I first got it, it was at least 3/4 lbs over the advertised starting weight of 5.8 lbs. I made a call to CA, they were great to deal with and agreed that it was to heavy and to send it back. It came back in a few weeks and was just under the advertised weight. 5.725 lbs:)

RyanD46D7B39-CEBE-4ECB-8B74-665A19943CAC.jpeg

What are the issues with ti actions?
I wasn't happy with a ti action a had a few years ago.
I got pressure signs way earlier than I should have with moderate loads
Ti stretches 3x more than steel, and isn't as strong
You definitely don't want to hot rod a ti action, you'll have issues with lug set back over time.

This is the one I have in 308. When I first got it, it was at least 3/4 lbs over the advertised starting weight of 5.8 lbs. I made a call to CA, they were great to deal with and agreed that it was to heavy and to send it back. It came back in a few weeks and was just under the advertised weight. 5.725 lbs:)

RyanView attachment 251090

That’s good to hear. I just ordered a lefty 7mm rem mag CA ridgeline Ti yesterday. I guess I’ll find out when it gets here in 16 weeks! Hopefully not regretting my choice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

khuber84

WKR

RyanView attachment 251090
This is exactly what I'm saying! The titanium action, carbon barrel are always gonna have the same weight +- 1 max of 2 oz. The stock is to blame here. I gurantee they started weighing stocks, found the lightest one, painted and bedded it to your rifle and boom, dropped that much weight. It's craziness.

khuber84

WKR
What are the issues with ti actions?

I wasn't happy with a ti action a had a few years ago.
I got pressure signs way earlier than I should have with moderate loads
Ti stretches 3x more than steel, and isn't as strong
You definitely don't want to hot rod a ti action, you'll have issues with lug set back over time.
@762Gunner has same points as me, granted I never had major psi signs considerably early, maybe 50-75fps sooner. Ti has to be coated well or it cal bind. DLC coating on ti surface, nitride on steel bolt is the only way to make em really smooth. Yes TI is stronger than steel, when comparing the same WEIGHT material. Comparing volume to volume, steel is considerably stronger, less flex, and more durable.

jrfred

FNG
Classified Approved
That’s good to hear. I just ordered a lefty 7mm rem mag CA ridgeline Ti yesterday. I guess I’ll find out when it gets here in 16 weeks! Hopefully not regretting my choice!

Funny, I'm about to order a lefty 7mm rem mag CA ridgeline Ti. Did you ever get a chance to weigh yours? Would like to talk to you about your rifle if you can private message me. Funny that CArms is all about light weight but does not weigh and publish their rifle weights for different calibers before they go out the door. Neither does Browning. They show "starting at 5.8 lbs" which is a 6.5mm short action 22" barrel, which is a far cry from a 7mm long action 24" barrel, and I want to know how far! Weight goes up with the square of diameter.

Sorry! I bailed when they told me they had no idea how long it was going to take even months after I ordered. So bought a cooper backcountry 7mm and got it 3 days later. Only bummer is I would have preferred the thread pattern for a suppressor on the CA.