Christensen Ridgeline

Nubs

FNG
Anyone have experience and/or input on these? I have read reviews either way, I think people are more likely to write a bad review vs a good review. I am specifically looking at a .308 but an considering a 300WM.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

neverquit

WKR
I have a ridgeline in 300wim mag. It shoots 215g hybrids quite well. Shot a 1.8in group at 500yards The Weekend before last.

OP
Nubs

Nubs

FNG
I have a ridgeline in 300wim mag. It shoots 215g hybrids quite well. Shot a 1.8in group at 500yards The Weekend before last.
Sounds promising. How is the recoil? Not really recoil averse, but do not take pleasure in it. I shoot around 500 rounds a year through my .308, sometimes 50-80 rounds in a day. I will most likely have a suppressor hanging on the end as well

neverquit

WKR
I swapped the standard radial to their ti side brake.
I let my 10 year old girl shoot. It’s very mild

MT_Wyatt

WKR
Sounds promising. How is the recoil? Not really recoil averse, but do not take pleasure in it. I shoot around 500 rounds a year through my .308, sometimes 50-80 rounds in a day. I will most likely have a suppressor hanging on the end as well

I’m pretty sensitive to recoil, but needed a magnum for certain hunts. The .300 WM with the radial brake was pleasantly surprising, I can shoot a box through it no problem. Sounds like the side ported brakes cut it down a bit more even.

KINGSNAKE

WKR
I have never shot one, but the one I handled at cabelas last week felt nice and very balanced. It was in my top three choices. I preferred the feel of the ridgeline over the mesa

Cdpp880

WKR
I have one in 300wsm. I had to send it back bc the chamber was too tight from the factory. Coustomer service was as good as I have ever delt with. They sent a prepaid shipping label and I had the gun back in less than 2 weeks. Since then I have zero complaints. I too added the titanium side bafle brake. Recoil is a complete none factor. It shoots amazingly well. I was able to get a 1.5” group at 360yards the other day. I would have them add an additional stud or rail up front on the stock that is the only thing I would change. I would recommend them very much.

slowelk

WKR
I succumbed to the 6.5 this weekend and I was looking at the Mesa after my gunsmith said to avoid the ridgeline due to the low-quality carbon barrel. I also looked at the tikka superlite, and the difference in the two wasn't worth the $500 price difference. I went home with my second tikka.

tdhanses

WKR
I succumbed to the 6.5 this weekend and I was looking at the Mesa after my gunsmith said to avoid the ridgeline due to the low-quality carbon barrel. I also looked at the tikka superlite, and the difference in the two wasn't worth the $500 price difference. I went home with my second tikka.

Interesting that your smith said that about the ridgeline barrel, unless he knows something I don’t, I thought that barrel was used on all their models. I’ve yet to hear it is low quality but I don’t own one (do have a carbon AR barrel that is very nice). Did he say what made it low quality? I think years ago there was an issue but heck I don’t even remember what that was or if it really was an issue.

Last edited:

slowelk

WKR
Interesting that your smith said that about the ridgeline barrel, unless he knows something I don’t, I thought that barrel was used on all their models. I’ve yet to hear it is low quality but I don’t own one (do have a carbon AR barrel that is very nice). Did he say what made it low quality? I think years ago there was an issue but heck I don’t even remember what that was or if it really was an issue.

He said that for the price, they can't build a quality product even with the volume that they produce. His shop has also had many dissatisfied customers come in with the ridgeline, but less so with the mesa.

FlyingScot

Lil-Rokslider

If I may briefly derail this thread, how do you like it? I keep coming back to the SL in 6.5 as about as good as it gets for a deer/hog/aoudad rifle without cracking $1,000. Unfortunately I'm not in the land of Sportsman's Warehouse, but I've got a Cabelas gift card to help take the edge off the price difference.

OP
Nubs

Nubs

FNG
If I may briefly derail this thread, how do you like it? I keep coming back to the SL in 6.5 as about as good as it gets for a deer/hog/aoudad rifle without cracking $1,000. Unfortunately I'm not in the land of Sportsman's Warehouse, but I've got a Cabelas gift card to help take the edge off the price difference.
I was mainly looking into the carbon barrel for what I would believe is more rigidity for use with a suppressor. If you want a lightweight gun for about half of a Tikka, I would suggest the Savage Lightweight Hunter. 5.6 pounds for a .308. I have one for the wife and it shoots about 3/4 moa.

I will add that I do not have a tikka and don't have anything against them.

anie

FNG
have a ridgeline 300 win mag that loves nosler trophy grade 180 accubonds if u are looking for factory
ammo shoots less than 1/2 moa

I have had zero issues with my 6.5CM Ridgeline...granted I only have about 100 rounds through it, but so far it has shot very well for me with the Hornady 147gr ELDM match and the 143gr ELDX precision hunter.

slowelk

WKR

I literally bought it on Sunday, so it's still in it's box. I have a superlite in 30-06 that is fantastic. I've said in other threads, that I love Tikka's no BS simplicity. They aren't fancy, they don't make a statement, but they get it done. My only complaint is that the "stainless" steel tends to rust quickly, not serious rust, but little blemishes after a few days of use in semi-wet climates. I cerakoted the 30-06 and plan to cerakote the 6.5 before I mount the scope. At that point they are bombproof.

Loco4dux

WKR
I have a ridgeline in 300wm that i bought last year. Zero complaints killed three animals with it. I shot 200gr eldx 1inch, will be looking at other rounds this off season. I agree with what was said above, recoil is mild not bad at all.

jfs82

WKR

Had this exact internal debate myself recently, split the difference and bought a Bergara ridge instead for 850 OTD. Little heavier, but much nicer stock imo.

I had a 20inch Ridgeline in 308, shot 178 eldx very well, carried well. I really regret sending it down the road.

You should, I got a 20" 6.5 CM that is getting a Thunderbeast Ultra7 screwed onto the end, topped with a NXS 2.5-10...Its a sweet setup. When you want to order another 20" I have a dealer that special orders them that way from Christensen that way and sell them to guys wanting to run the rifle suppressed.

robie

WKR
This was at 300 yards with my CA Ridgeline in 300 WM with the side-baffle brake shooting factory 215 berger ammo.

The gun is amazing. I've shot plenty of 1/2 MOA groups with it out to 600. If you want to read more go over to long range only forum and read what Broz has posted.

You won't be disappointed.

y14zKhH.jpg