Christmas came early...

a3dhunter

WKR
Stand by.... it's a blizzard outside. It is supposed to slow down and hopefully the cats will walk. We have two snowmobiles this time... no service in the hunt area, I'll update in the evenings. I don't know how to post pics from my phone... Ed F

Good luck Ed.
I found tapatalk app on your phone is the easiest way to upload photos.
Jason

OP
bowuntr

bowuntr

WKR
Chased the big tom today... didn't find the track til late. We know his hideout. More snow tonight... game on tomorrow.... Ed F

2rocky

WKR
Might be daylight there by now. Hope you strike a trail and it pays off. Good luck buddy

OP
bowuntr

bowuntr

WKR
I got it done on my second trip...

I went on a 3 day hunt at the end of January. In perfect conditions after a snow, on the first morning we found six different lion tracks. One stood out and according to these guys was a giant. The dogs blew up on the track and took it right to a fresh 5 point elk kill. It looked like at least three different cats were feeding on this thing the night before and the dogs were never able to find the right track out of there. The next two days we hunted for that lion and passed on others both days.

This past friday I drove out to Utah solo and met the houndsmen there. Late in the day I found two tracks that were too cold to track. The next morning I found the same two tracks on a cow elk kill. One of the tracks looked like a good one. The track was smoking and the dogs were all over it. It went probably a mile and over three ridges before it treed. I was able to get above it and come down on top of it. As we got close to the tree it jumped out and ran right past us. That was real cool. It quickly treed again and we were able to get some great pics and video of it 15 feet up in a cedar. I put two arrows in it real quick. As it was expiring, one of the dogs climbed up the tree and as a last act of defiance, the cat grabbed the dog by the face and they both fell out. The cat would not let go and when it finally did, the dog was right back in the fight. JUst miised getting his eye taken out. The drive these dogs have is unbelieveable. The cat expired and the celebration began.

My goal was a mature lion as I probable will never get the opportunity to hunt them again. The lion was a big mature female. I am very happy... to say the least. I will finish the story with a few pics. Ed F

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 63
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 65
  • 2013-01-28_08-48-17_950.jpg
    2013-01-28_08-48-17_950.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 63
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 72

sneek-ee

WKR
Awesome Ed!! congrats! sounds like you had an awesome hunt. memorable!
what unit did you draw?