Christmas came early...

bowuntr

WKR
Look what the mailman brought me.... A limited entry Utah cougar tag! I'm going lion hunting.... I had six points and drew the only non resident tag in this unit. Whooo Hoooo.... can't wait for snow.... Ed F

Attachments

• lion tag.jpg
    lion tag.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 132

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
There is a cat in Utah that doesn't realize be is going to get a Muzzy pushed through him. Dead Cat Walking...

2rocky

WKR
Atta boy Ed! So this is what you were vague posting about around CBH awards time....

OP
bowuntr

bowuntr

WKR
The season starts this week and goes til May 30th.... long season. I'm doing this hunt 100% DIY. I have friends here in Ca that are sport houndsmen... top notch guys that encouraged me to apply for this hunt and are more pumped about it than I am. I'm having trouble with the planning though.... i'm used to be in control but this hunt is dependant on weather and we have to be ready to roll at a moments notice. I have a new assignment at work and its more difficult to get time off... so I took off the week after Christmas til the end of January.... hoping thats when we roll. I've put my Az muley hunt on hold and canceled transporting/fishing a yacht from Cabo to Ca. I'm a wreck.... all ready thinkin a wolf is on my predator list.... Ed F

tstowater

WKR
Congrats on the tag. I'm sitting on a harvest objective tag and we are looking at going around the 1st of December if the snow shows up. Saw some trail cam pictures of some of the cats====nice. Can't even buy a plane ticket until go time. Waiting to see what that costs. Dead cats equal more mule deer, sheep and elk.

OP
bowuntr

bowuntr

WKR
My buddies could only hunt 3 days. The lion that made this track is a giant and we hunted him only. He killed a big 5 point bull... amazing. I passed on cats everyday and am heading back the next storm... with a whole crew that wants to see that big Tom on the ground. Season ends May 31st so I have plenty of time to hold out... Ed F

Attachments

• 2013-01-28_08-42-27_691.jpg
    2013-01-28_08-42-27_691.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 90
OP
bowuntr

bowuntr

WKR
Looks like some weather is heading for Utah.... Packed and ready to roll... Ed F

Attachments

• 2013-01-28_08-48-17_950.jpg
    2013-01-28_08-48-17_950.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 54
OP
bowuntr

bowuntr

WKR
Stand by.... it's a blizzard outside. It is supposed to slow down and hopefully the cats will walk. We have two snowmobiles this time... no service in the hunt area, I'll update in the evenings. I don't know how to post pics from my phone... Ed F