Christmas gift idea thread

Bmcox86

WKR
So the wife asked me for a list of things of wanted and I couldn't come up with much. Usually I have a list a mile long but I'm drawing blanks this year. Figured we could make a good list on here that might help us all.

I was able to come up with
A new daypack
Benchmade saddle mountain skinner
Tenkura rod setup

What's everyone else asking for

velvetfvr

WKR
Cold hard cash. Gonna use it to buy some 15x50 vortex viper hds. I can get them an additional 10% off so I want to get the jing to pay for them

colonel00

WKR
I'm on my phone but I'm not seeing dimensions on those soft sided coolers. I wouldn't mind getting the largest one possible that could still be used as a carry on.

dotman

WKR
I'm on my phone but I'm not seeing dimensions on those soft sided coolers. I wouldn't mind getting the largest one possible that could still be used as a carry on.

The 48 is 13x21x13 and looks to be their largest.

colonel00

WKR
Thanks. Looks like the 24 would be a safer option for a carry-on but man, $65 is a bit of money.

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member

Are you set on using it as a carry on? We have checked soft sided coolers lots of times as baggage with no issues. Sometimes inside something else (a tote or duffle bag) and sometimes alone.

colonel00

WKR
Mostly I was thinking about our trips up there to Alaska either for fishing or hunting. Usually we pack the fish/meat in fish boxes and check those. However, we have found that a soft sided cooler makes a great carry on and you can load it down with frozen meat. I think we are usually able to get another 30lbs or more home in the carry-on.