Chrono’d 308 today- opinions

Jhy

FNG
Chronographed my CA Mesa 308 today. That’s a 22” barrel 1:10 twist. Round is a factory Barnes VOR-TX TTSX 130 grain. chronograph is a shooting Chrony F-1.
I set it up 10 feet from muzzle, shot with the factory muzzle break.
Barnes lists the round at 3125 with a 24’ test barrel. Not sure the twist of their test barrel. I assumed I would come a little under that with the 22” barrel?
Here’s what I got: 3 shots from clean barrel: 3148, 3139,3144 with an average of 3144. Which would exceed factory claim. That likely??? Technically I believe I would add another 7.5fps to account for the 10’ from the muzzle….
I’m not a long range shooter, just looking to order my free CDS turret from Leupold so figured I’d try to get it as accurate as possible.
Seemed odd to be faster than Barnes claims. Thoughts?

Tahoe1305

WKR
Recommend shooting out to ranges you want your turret to dial to to true your dope and validate BC/velocity prior to ordering your turret.

One other consideration. That turret will only be good for your current altitude. Hunt at 2k+ different elevation and your dope will adjust enough for a miss (rough calc has it 4” off at 500). If you hunt where your shoot zero issue. If you plan to hunt at a certain altitude consider adjusting for that prior to ordering.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: Jhy

Rob5589

WKR
Looks great. Most people complain about the slower speeds from factory ammo.