Chugach Sheep hunt

Bighorse

WKR
Boat

We'll we better intercept Luke before he springs for another Big Boss. Luke you need a real river boat! Becca your really not seeing this. :)

Bighorse

WKR
Yukon running

It may just be a Rokslide style hunt if we run the Yukon 500 miles via packraft and come out with a couple 65 inchers.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Don't need a big river boat to find moose. We passed up several 50"+ in a single day this year. But were flush in meat. I'll save my coin for trips rather than a $20-30K toy :D

R Miller

Lil-Rokslider
I'll never get tired of reading this story. I have never heard of more sheep horns disappearing due to predators then I have this year...but I know more sheep hunters now. Im happy Lily will have the visual trophy to remember this very special hunt long after the edible portions of it are gone. Well done. Great rams all around, im curious of Craigs rams stats..age and base specifically. Looks to be 9.

That other ram looks like it could be as old as 10 but I would guess 9 at the oldest given the photos sharpness and rings that are visible...if I had to make a judgement. Im no expert but thats my hunch. Looks like a lot of fun, thanks for sharing.

OP
CtP

CtP

Lil-Rokslider
I'll never get tired of reading this story. I have never heard of more sheep horns disappearing due to predators then I have this year...but I know more sheep hunters now. Im happy Lily will have the visual trophy to remember this very special hunt long after the edible portions of it are gone. Well done. Great rams all around, im curious of Craigs rams stats..age and base specifically. Looks to be 9.

That other ram looks like it could be as old as 10 but I would guess 9 at the oldest given the photos sharpness and rings that are visible...if I had to make a judgement. Im no expert but thats my hunch. Looks like a lot of fun, thanks for sharing.

Lilly's ram aged 7, 35 7/8 x 36 1/4 x 12 15/16 - if he would have aged he would have been more remarkable.

My ram was 10, 36 1/8 x 34 x 13 1/8 - Took him over the others due to his mass and he appeared to be the oldest. His buddy had some nice length with lamb tips. He'll be a great ram next year!

Duk Dog

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure how I missed this thread. Congrats on the rams, enjoyed the write up and pics. Gotta love sheep country!

frans

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure how I missed this thread. Congrats on the rams, enjoyed the write up and pics. Gotta love sheep country!

Thanks DD for clueing me in, I had missed it too. I like skiing and snowshoeing, but seeing all those photos makes me wish we could skip a few months!

Congrats on a great hunt, and some good-looking rams!

Frans

"Beyond lies a new valley - a valley you have never seen"
The Buffalo Head, R.M. Patterson

OP
CtP

CtP

Lil-Rokslider

Thanks DD for clueing me in, I had missed it too. I like skiing and snowshoeing, but seeing all those photos makes me wish we could skip a few months!

Congrats on a great hunt, and some good-looking rams!

Frans

"Beyond lies a new valley - a valley you have never seen"
The Buffalo Head, R.M. Patterson

Thanks fellas!

hopefully we get some good stories next year. I'm gonna miss sheep season for '13. Gonna pick up a bow, stay local, and try and knock over some big whitetails and hogs.

I'll post some pics when the ram gets back from taxi.