Cimarron & a stove question

krojemann

WKR
Going to be pulling the trigger on a Cimarron & a 12" ti stove from Lite Outdoors.

I see SO recommends a pole for the Cimarron, but was wondering if people here have a more preferred pole they like to use, for whatever reason. Lighter, compact, less expensive, etc. I don't use trekking poles, so it would be getting packed in.

Also, an option with the LO stove is a baffle. In your opinions, is a baffle necessary? Admittedly, I'm not real experienced with stoves. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my S7 using TapaTalk

edbentle

FNG
I don't know if you are a life member of Backcountry Hunters and Anglers yet, but they are offering a gold membership for $1500- you get a cimarron with stove jack, carbon fiber pole and a medium stove and a Unaweep Fortress 4800 Backpack with Base Talon. With the tax write off incentive it's not a bad way to get a bunch of gear.

Hunter6

WKR
For my Cimarron I use the rei pole. It's about 3 oz heavier than the SO carbon fiber pole and cost less than thirty dollars.

---

Follow me on Instagram @hunter_hindman

colersu22

WKR
I just bought a Cimarron yesterday and should be here Wednesday. I went out and got the 6" REI pole that is mentioned above. Like hunter6 said, it is 3oz heavier but I paid 29.99 instead or 100 for the carbon pole, ill save $70 for 3oz any day.

COSA

Lil-Rokslider
I've always cut a limb or a sapling when I get there, besides being heavier duty, you can leave a few limbs for hanging stuff like headlamps. If you can find a good spot under a tree with a branch to tie to the top, it increases the usable space a lot if it is not to windy.

Mk7mmSTW

WKR
I've always cut a limb or a sapling when I get there, besides being heavier duty, you can leave a few limbs for hanging stuff like headlamps. If you can find a good spot under a tree with a branch to tie to the top, it increases the usable space a lot if it is not to windy.

Exactly

damxam

Lil-Rokslider

Same for me, the limb nubs are so nice to have for drying gear.

Looking at a similar setup myself - would you recommend a 7' pipe for the stove? The SO Hot Tent package comes with a 6' pipe but I think their stove sits up higher.

Flydaho

Lil-Rokslider
I would recommend a larger stove. I know Lite Outdoors' XL stove is 18" which is big, but you could also look at the TiGoat 16" stove.

Breaking down sticks to sub-12 inches gets to be ridiculous at times. Its much easier to find, and break down, material into 16" sections. The weight difference is negligible, and the cost isn't that much more.

sr80

WKR
Looking at a similar setup myself - would you recommend a 7' pipe for the stove? The SO Hot Tent package comes with a 6' pipe but I think their stove sits up higher.

just ordered and 18" lite outdoors stove and Brennen recommended a 7ft pipe at least for the cimarron.