Cimarron Questions

Just returned from my maiden trip with a cimarron light and stove, and I have a few questions.

1) We seemed to have a little trouble keeping the bottom of the tent tight to the ground, and at times would get a pretty good breeze blowing in - is this just normal, or was this a result of something not quite right? Stakes needed to be moved (either tighter or looser), pitch needed to be flattened out (shorten the center pole)?

2) There was a gentleman on here that mentioned a trick to getting your stakes set, which involved using a piece of string 6'4" long (the distance diagonally from center to corners) and a stake in the center.. in my head it worked perfectly, but whatever I was doing, it didn't seem to work as perfectly and I still ended up having to move a couple stakes after I put the center pole in.

3) At the bottom of the door zipper, there are line-loc tie-downs on each side.. do guys put a stake in both of those, or just one side of the zipper?

Poser

WKR
#1. Sounds like you had the pitch set pretty high with the center pole. It’s not difficult to get the bottom of the tent flush with the ground.

#3. I just stake the side of the door I don’t intends to flap open.