Cimarron & Redcliff Interior pics

rj2

WKR
I'm kind of stuck on these 2 shelters. My main uses will be CO archery Elk spike camp with a stove. Occasional solo, frequently 2 people, occasionally 3 people but 3 could be for up to a week.

Right now I'm leaning toward Redcliff knowing 3 with gear/stove is way more do-able than in the Cimarron. The Cim would be way more practical for solo, and I like the weight/footprint of the Cim compared to the Redcliff obviously.

Has anyone ever had a hard time pitching the Redcliff on a backcountry hunt because of the large footprint?

Trying to see if I can find a few interior pics of these two shelters set up for 2-3 people. Or any personal experiences with 2-3 people in these would be helpful too.

92xj

WKR
If 3 people is a possibility, even a single time, the cimarron isn't the shelter for you.
A palace for one, two fit great, three better be your wife and child under 10 years old.
I love my cimmaron, but there is no way I'd sleep 3 in there unless it was life or death survival type stuff.

Lawnboi

WKR
2 stove and gear is tight in the cimmaron. I wouldn’t do three.

Your in a tough spot, as you really need 2 shelters to accomplish what you want IMO.

Iv had trouble finding a place to pitch the cimmaron in the mountains

OP
rj2

rj2

WKR
yes, kind of what I was thinking. I think I will get a Redcliff for this Falls hunt when we might be cramming 3 in for a few days, and a Cim at a different time.

Still would be interested in interior pics of both.

I am actually looking at the light versions of both, would rather save the weight than have the 2nd door.

Felix40

WKR
I went through the same thing. I tried a 4 man tipi and it wasnt big enough. I got rid of that and went with a redcliff and a nemo apollo (slightly smaller than cimmaron). Its probably the type of setup that would work best for you too.

Ive never had much issue finding a spot for the redcliff but I have put it over the top of boulders and bushes and stuff

mattwill00

Lil-Rokslider
I guess I’m the outlier. I’ve done three people + a stove + gear in my cim probably just as much as I’ve done two. Sure it’s a little crowded with all the gear but at no point was it uncomfortable. Late season gets a little sticky cause everyone is forced into a U shape around the stove, and being pushed up against the sides of the tent causes some condensation to get on you a bit, but it’s certainly not the end of the world. Archery hunts we had zero issues whatsoever. I don’t bring the stoves on early season hunts anyways.

Felix40

WKR
A couple photos of the redcliff pitched on very lumpy ground with two large sleeping areas, stove, and tons of clothes drying inside. This was on a trip to prince of wales. The extra space was really really nice to have5487E8A9-CEA9-4C4C-BE1A-A881FA23698C.jpeg6AB6A873-0311-4422-BF2E-9B2C8834DFD8.jpeg

Gettincloser

Lil-Rokslider
I am looking at the same thing. My wife is pregnant with our 1st and we like to hike and camp when we are not hunting. Too big of a footprint is my concern when hunting but having enough space with a growing family is another. Like everyone else, looking for the all in 1 shelter.

What stove have yall preferred? And most importantly, WHY?

Jbehredt

WKR
Redcliff and silvertip will cover your bases. I lightly modified my redcliff carbon pole to work with both to lessen the cost.

I've had a Redcliffe since day one and I have had some issues with the footprint. I've gone as far as to make a separate trip out west to chop blow downs out of the way and shovel some ground level.
With that said I love the room for two.

Kifaru sawtooth is the other Tipi you see in the back. I would say it’s between the two in size. If your 6ft don’t expect to stand in the redcliff

Sounds like you need the Redcliff and Cimarron OR you could give the LBO a shot. Base-tarp-base setup for your 3 man outings and then just cut it down to base-base when you don’t need the palace of a Redcliff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaper,

For what’s its worth, I had owned them both as well and the Redcliff layout worked a lot better for my needs. The sawtooth takes the cake when it comes to the smaller footprint/wind shearing ability but having to walk past everything at the front of the shelter was a PITA. The amount of available space and the extra door that the redcliff offered made it really easy to bring wood/gear in one side, leaving the other open for routine entry/exit. Just my .02

4ester

WKR
I have both a Cimarron and Redcliff.

Cimarron- With stove and some wood, 2 guys and gear is comfortable. Without stove, 3 and gear is comfortable.

Redcliff- With stove, wood, 3 guys and gear is comfortable. Without a stove, 4 and gear is comfortable.

Always exceptions, can get another guy in each situation but hope you are good friends lol.

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
Cimarron for solo or 2 people MAX. Make your other buddy by the redcliff when he wants to hunt with you.

Moserkr

WKR
If you have some coin and patience, dcf redcliff would be the best. Or redcliff for 2-3, and silvertip solo. I have a tipi similar in size to the redcliff and its a palace for 2, 3 fits easy. Use a BT2 (pre-silvertip) solo.

For solo and 2 guys, id buy a dcf cimarron. Its extremely light, decent priced, roomy, pitchable by a trekking pole.