Cimarron stove

Nohljo

FNG
I have made up my mind to give the colorless shelters a go as they seem to be what everyone suggests! I want to bring a stove with and I'm lost as to which one to choose. Been looking at the week outside med stove, the small go lite wove and the ti goat 12" or 16". Any help on which one will best fit my needs would be greatly appreciated Cost is not so much an issue as they seem close in price and also seem close in weight. Thanks for all that great advise thus far will helping me plan the trip of my dreams!

I've been using Seek Outside's large titanium stove for the past few years. I went with the large because I do alot of winter backpacking and camping and I wanted the extra volume for longer burns. I've used this stove quite a bit and it has held up well. It has distorted some what from heat but still assembles and works well. The welds on the dampener broke a while back and since I have no way of welding titanium I made a new one out of stainless. The legs are kind of cheesy. 3/16" ready rod, light weight I get it but very flimsy and you have to be careful with them.

I run an 8' chimney. I went with the longer chimney to try and prevent hot embers from landing on my shelter. The spark arrest was a pain ( falling out, jamming up against the dampener ) and has been lost for some time. So far my theory is working, after multiple years of use I have zero burned holes in my shelter.

Over all I'm happy with the stove and would give it an 8 out of 10 but if I was in the market for a new one, based on the reviews that I've read I would give the Tigoat WiFi a serious look.

I've used the Lite Outdoors and Kifaru Smith Cylinder stoves. Both work well. Partner has a TiGoat cylinder stove and no complaints there either.

Depends more on the features you want in a stove. Cooking surface, door size, ease of assembly, weight etc.

Since I'm a backpack hunter and don't ever plan on cooking with my stove I'm currently running the Smith stove because it's the lightest available stove I can find that's easy to assemble and has the fewest moving parts to lose.

OP
N

Nohljo

FNG
Thanks guys! I will look at the smith stove as I will be backpacking as well. I want it lightweight, don't care to cook on it, would like easy assembly.

Callen21

Lil-Rokslider
I run the 12" ti goat stove in a paratarp. My hunting buddy uses the large seek outside stove in a 8 man tipi. I can honestly say the ti goat stove is easier to put together, and has less parts to lose in the dirt, sticks, or grass. But, the larger stove is nice because you can get a longer burn and it's higher off the ground. It is however heavier and larger to pack. The down fall to the 12" ti goat is how small the interior truly is.. it's 10" roughly and that's how big the sticks have to be for you to burn them. If you go the ti goat route get to a snow peak pot and you have a all inclusive cook/heating system for dehydrated meals that weighs under 2 lbs. I am never in much of a rush when out hunting so I find peace in taking the time to break sticks down to 10" length, but I've heard many people complain about how time consuming it is. Best advice I can give is whatever stove you choose become very familiar with it before you attempt to use it in the woods, and burn it in at home! I also used high temp engine paint to paint the small parts of my stove orange incase I drop them during assembly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Callen21 that's a good idea on painting the small parts. I'll have to do that. Also a good idea on trying your stove at home first. It's alot easier to roll your stove pipe at home then heat the hell out of it. It'll gain a memory and roll alot easier in the field.
Are you using the wifi stove or cylinder?