Cimmaron vs red cliff

Trying to decide between the cimmaron or red cliff teepee. Anyone have experience with either? Advantages vs disadvantages? If your choice was the cimmaron would you go regular or light? Thx!

4ester

WKR
I have one of each…. What’s your question? Redcliff is quite a bit larger.

I’d go regular cimarron for the double doors if you have a hunting partner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
rlproctor03
I have one of each…. What’s your question? Redcliff is quite a bit larger.

I’d go regular cimarron for the double doors if you have a hunting partner.

Thanks man. I appreciate the answer. I actually just found out about the new argali pyramid tents, and I think I'm gonna go with one of those. The Argali absoroka seems very similar to the Cimmaron.

4ester

WKR
I’ve heard good things about the Argali. Those guys used to use the cimmaron exclusively and I believe their tent is comparable in size. Let us know how it works out.

OP
rlproctor03

ELKOHUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Cimarron. Two guys, and a stove isn't comfortable. I wish I had went with the Redcliff.

dpdub

FNG
I have the Cimarron. Two guys, and a stove isn't comfortable. I wish I had went with the Redcliff.
Is it just too tight for 2 men, gear, and a stove? Their description says 4 people or 2 with stove and I always wonder what that really means

D S 319

WKR
I had 4 guys in my cimarron one on a helinox cot. Not much room for gear but slept just fine. Haven’t used a stove in mine yet. I would use a tarp if I needed to keep gear dry outside.

Poser

WKR
Is it just too tight for 2 men, gear, and a stove? Their description says 4 people or 2 with stove and I always wonder what that really means

There is plenty of room for 2 guys (who aren’t fatter than walruses) + a stove and gear in a Cimarron. If you want to be able to stand up and both have chairs and a table in addition to having your sleeping bag laid out, sure, it’s too small for that. Anyone who disagrees with that assessment lacks experience with portable, lightweight shelters designed for 2 people.

I own both.

From a tall guy perspective: I am 6’4 230lb and my hunting buddies are 6’5 and 6’2 (230 and 190) Two of us and gear/stove is too much in the Cimarron. Two with gear placed outside is totally fine. Cimarron is light enough that I would be all about taking it solo. Plenty of room for that and would be very comfortable.

There is not enough room for two (of us) and cots in the Cimarron. We would be rubbing the tent walls.

The redcliff is big enough for all 3 of us, stove and gear. It’s light enough that it COULD be used solo but it’s not necessary. It’s nice to split the body, stakes and pole and/or stove between two or three guys.

Redcliff is big enough for 2 with gear and full cots.

I can’t stand in the Cimarron but I can in the redcliff.

303TrophyHusband

Lil-Rokslider
I don't have any experience with the Redcliff, although I'd like to.

I have spent 5 nights on a winter backpack rifle hunt in the snow in a Cimarron though, 2 guys and all our gear plus stove and wood pile fit just fine, we were comfortable. I don't think the Cimarron is really intended for cots and all the other base camp accoutrements although for a couple guys I'd think it would be fine, even without the stove four guys would be a little too cozy for me...

svivian

WKR
Lol i have slept three and a stove and gear in my Cimarron. I am 6'4" and the other two over 6'. We were using pads on the ground and stacked the packs on one side of the tent. That was tight but even then we all thought it was more room then a 4 person backpacking tent.

To the OP are you a guy who is used to being in a 2man backpacking tent or a wall tent. Sometimes guys want wall tent space in a backpack tent weight...

Poser

WKR
I own both.

From a tall guy perspective: I am 6’4 230lb and my hunting buddies are 6’5 and 6’2 (230 and 190) Two of us and gear/stove is too much in the Cimarron. Two with gear placed outside is totally fine. Cimarron is light enough that I would be all about taking it solo. Plenty of room for that and would be very comfortable.

There is not enough room for two (of us) and cots in the Cimarron. We would be rubbing the tent walls.

The redcliff is big enough for all 3 of us, stove and gear. It’s light enough that it COULD be used solo but it’s not necessary. It’s nice to split the body, stakes and pole and/or stove between two or three guys.

Redcliff is big enough for 2 with gear and full cots.

I can’t stand in the Cimarron but I can in the redcliff.

I’m having a difficult time with the statistics here: being taller than 6’2 is less 4% of the population. 6’5 is less than 1%. Hunters make up less than 4% of the population already and The average American male 5’9.

What is the probability of 3 hunting partners, An already small % of the general population, all being in the sub 1-3% of the population?