Cipher vs Fusion

NDGuy

WKR
I am looking at picking up some FL Aero T's, Obsidians, and the Unpronounceable jacket.

I already have fusion for most of my stuff and am kind of torn. I can't decide between the two patterns. Part of me wants to go with Fusion since I have some stuff already and it is more "proven.

The other part of me thinks Cipher might be better suited for the plains and badlands that I'll be spending most of my time hunting in.

What are your thoughts on the two patterns?

Learn to use the wind to your advantage, move slower and be more patient than you ever have before, and never skyline yourself and it won't matter what you're wearing

Kidding aside though, I like the fusion pattern more. Just my preference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
Learn to use the wind to your advantage, move slower and be more patient than you ever have before, and never skyline yourself and it won't matter what you're wearing

Kidding aside though, I like the fusion pattern more. Just my preference.

Which pattern works best with blue jeans? ;)

I had my doubts about Cipher but after using it in the desert and other open areas I really like it. One day I'll go full hunting diva and buy full sets of both.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Just throwing this out there. since you have fusion get some cipher so you have options for different times of year and terrains. Just a thought.

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
One day I'll go full hunting diva and buy full sets of both.

I know I know. I have 60 or 70% off from my brother working at a sporting goods store which is why I can afford to buy any of the stuff.

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
Just throwing this out there. since you have fusion get some cipher so you have options for different times of year and terrains. Just a thought.

Very true. I would just need to see it out in the field to see how well it blends in the areas I need to hunt. Maybe just get 1 piece and see how I like it.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
They're both going to work great. I use both but have done a lot with the cipher this spring testing before the release of it. If you haven't already in the clothing section type in first lite cipher giveaway and that thread has a lot of pics in it from using it in Mexico mostly. I've used it here in the wyo mountains and the Nebraska plains. Works great everywhere because it's a dull blend, duller than fusion, but they're both awesome. Pick which you like best... we kill stuff in solid colors all the time so just get what you want is what I'd say.

I like Fusion. And considering the animals cant tell the difference I would say pick which one you like best. LOL

PNWTO

Lil-Rokslider
Resurrecting this thread now that there has been some time in the field for folks. Considering my gun-hunting is done in LL Bean solids and Cabela's Outfitter I know camo isn't the holy grail factor but am looking at observations for cipher vs fusion. I'm leaning towards Cipher as it seems like the best parts of both Fusion and ASAT.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Resurrecting this thread now that there has been some time in the field for folks. Considering my gun-hunting is done in LL Bean solids and Cabela's Outfitter I know camo isn't the holy grail factor but am looking at observations for cipher vs fusion. I'm leaning towards Cipher as it seems like the best parts of both Fusion and ASAT.

Here are some photos. The first one my top is fusion and bottoms are Cipher. The rest are Cipher.
I prefer Cipher because I hunt like 85% open country. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

2ecd0d2a257d07efff254cc4dd1696b7.jpg
4642b089384fe7f03978b11996c91d1d.jpg
06295b076034f3a2f61ea70c5943f930.jpg

OP
NDGuy

NDGuy

WKR
I stuck with Fusion, in ND it works better unless you are strictly hunting the badlands late season where everything is brown.

The bits of dark and green in Fusion look better early season IMO. But curious to hear what everyone else's experiences were.

DougP

Lil-Rokslider
I like the Fusion because I turkey hunt. Research and experience tell me that camo makes a much bigger difference when you’re bird hunting.

I also duck hunt, and think Cipher might be the better option for that application. However, Louisiana marsh mud can really stink, so I don’t like to wear my big game stuff on those hunts and risk ruining my good big game clothes.

fatbacks

WKR
Had cipher but I sold all because I think Alaska is better suited for fusion. That said, late season cipher worked really well with all the browns.

57cd0cd63898f78c624cda19103c87f6.jpg

Jake_B

Lil-Rokslider
Once FL stopped making clothes in ASAT, I’ve been transitioning to cipher

Fritz

FNG
I have half and half cipher and fusion, I use fusion early and cipher late. I go for fit and functionality more than what color. I am not against using solids either here in MT.

TrueAt1stLight

Lil-Rokslider
Will report back how well my matching fusion camo helps me sneak up close to the deers. And the antelopes... 😃