Claims of a 20 mile packout

Poser

WKR
Hunting related FB groups are hilarious.
02e588a27a5c2e1e2794ef012af1aeba.jpg

Wrench

WKR
While not IMPOSSIBLE, a September hunt that deep would require walking several miles down the road in North Idaho to meet those claims.....and given the possibility of hest and injury, it sounds like BS.

I'd bet there are not many places in the 48 that you can actually be 20 non internet miles from a road.

Wapiti1

WKR
You guys aren't seeing his secret strategy at all. You park and hike 10-20 miles in one direction. He doesn't say that he didn't cross three or four roads in the process. This throws off all the other guys looking for his truck so they can smoke out his secret spots.

He shoots his elk near one of those other roads, rides his thumb back to his truck, and goes to retrieve it.

It's brilliant.

Jeremy

Pretty sure this is same guy...

Last edited:

THBZN

Lil-Rokslider
I am going to start the "you gotta be less than a mile from the TH or truck" thread....seriously. When things come together and you tag out on a nice animal because you found him where you or anyone else wouldn't think to look, it's awesome. I like poking around in those small, tough to see but relatively easy to access hidey-holes. More times than not they are a bust, but every once in a while.....

WoodrowCall

Lil-Rokslider

His picture on the internet from the story and his FB profile pic sure do seem to match...:unsure:

He appears to be trying to be tricksy with his 20 mile packin suggestion, keeping people off his baited fields.

You could get twenty miles in within the Bob, Frank, outside Yellowstone in WY. Never heard of anyone doing that without horses.

It must be hell packing all that bait in 20 miles

tdhanses

WKR
That guy is clueless. Try going 20 miles in and tell me how many roads are passed.

mike.adams.467

Lil-Rokslider
I called bs on his Facebook post, and he said he could do it in 4 trips (160 miles)... Sadly, some guys defended him.