Claims of a 20 mile packout

OP
P

Poser

WKR
Is Facebook really still a popular thing? Figured it would have died out and been replaced by something else a long time ago now.

Genuinely asking here I don’t have any social media other than online forums.

Yes. FB really doubled down on its efforts to retain users and one of those ways was to start really pushing groups which seems to have been effective. Most FB users are over 30 now and for Boomers, it’s is their primary form of social media consumption. So, it’s older millennials, Xers and Boomers. Young millennials and zoomers tend not to use it because it’s their grandparents social media, though FB groups has made it more functional for communication for some younger users. The hunting groups are seemingly full of the biggest collection of over opinionated assholes on the planet.

Yes. FB really doubled down on its efforts to retain users and one of those ways was to start really pushing groups which seems to have been effective. Most FB users are over 30 now and for Boomers, it’s is their primary form of social media consumption. So, it’s older millennials, Xers and Boomers. Young millennials and zoomers tend not to use it because it’s their grandparents social media, though FB groups has made it more functional for communication for some younger users. The hunting groups are seemingly full of the biggest collection of over opinionated assholes on the planet.

lol those groups are practically worthless because they're full of goofs. I don't do the Bookface except recently reenabled my account to hit the Marketplace. When I did I explored all sorts of hunting and backcountry groups, they're junk IMO. Smaller groups like a camper group have proved fairly useful so I guess I'll keep my account.

Beendare

WKR
Seems to me- and its been many years so I might be remembering this incorrectly- I was talking to Lance Kronenberger [?] asking about a draw tag for Sheep in the Tok and he was saying there is a spot where they hike in something like 26 miles just to get to where they sheep hunt. I bet some of those sheep hunts turn into 20 milers in one direction.

I'd wager Bryan Martin [Canadian guide] has some long packs. Didn't that Grizz bear he guided Pat the owner of bowsite turn into a backpacking marathon? That was the one where he was filming and had to put the camera down because the Grizz charged Pat.

_____

20 miles. Yeh right. And my ding dong is 14 inches long and thicker than a fosters beer can.

I shot one 300 yards over and 400 yards downhill from where I had parked on a hairpin turnout off a ridge. I shot him at 6:30 pm and didn’t finish till after 2am, after quartering him and humping 4 loads out by myself.

I’ve humped one out over 4 miles. We boned him out and three of us did it in one trip. It took 9 hours one way busting trail. The loads were HEAVY. It was every bit as grueling as any patrol I ran as an infantry officer in Korea or Panama. We hunt the same area now but have access to a pack horse and/or 4 goats to move meat.

Extrapale

WKR
Seems to me- and its been many years so I might be remembering this incorrectly- I was talking to Lance Kronenberger [?] asking about a draw tag for Sheep in the Tok and he was saying there is a spot where they hike in something like 26 miles just to get to where they sheep hunt. I bet some of those sheep hunts turn into 20 milers in one direction.

I'd wager Bryan Martin [Canadian guide] has some long packs. Didn't that Grizz bear he guided Pat the owner of bowsite turn into a backpacking marathon? That was the one where he was filming and had to put the camera down because the Grizz charged Pat.

_____

A sheep is not an elk. The heads are heavy as hell, but the bodies are relatively small.

Most do not pack out grizz meat. Usually just the hide, although I am not familiar with the people or hunt you are referring to

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

MThuntr

WKR
Is Facebook really still a popular thing? Figured it would have died out and been replaced by something else a long time ago now.

Genuinely asking here I don’t have any social media other than online forums.
Where else will we get false information from both sides claiming the other is wrong?! ;)