Clarification on Colorado Turned In Limited Licenses

OP
B

blake_mhoona

Lil-Rokslider
I’d turn the tag in and keep the points if that 600 dollars is the cost of doing business playing this game with multiple states and points if it’s a issue I’d recommend a bee game because that money will be a drop in the bucket if you continue down this road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
the $600 isnt the issue. I'll pay to keep my points. I just want an additional point if i do that. i'm essentially giving up my first choice tag why can't i pay to keep my points and get an additional preference point.

i understand that's not how the system works just seems odd. and it would put me a year behind everyone. i'd essentially be re-applying for the same unit next year hoping again that i don't draw NM and have to keep repeating it every year.

all this is probably a non-issue because my % for NM according to TopRut is 13.9%. which probably means i'll be in Colorado.

Why not just apply for the pt in CO... If you draw NM hunt it. If not OTC CO?

Ok, maybe you end up waiting 1 more year for CO for a limited unit...
I second this approach.
A 4-5 point NR limited hunt in CO doesn't seem to really mean anything anymore. I have tagged out every year on a second choice/ leftover/OTC tag. 7 out of 10 are cows. I do understand I live here and can put the work in before season and that has a bias. But, those tag avenues have been good for me and everyone else as long as you are willing to put real work in.
I have never and will never be a member of GOhunt. Cows leading each other to the trough.
I will say that I am done gaining points in this state. I will be burning mine this draw and never looking back. Point creep is getting ridiculous in a place that doesn't really have a "true" wilderness anymore. It's basically all a big park with folks running around everywhere, AKA... severely overcrowded.
Point creep is about to get real. Read the reports of the increase in the AZ apps this year. You should be scared.
I'll see you every Wednesday starting Aug. 10th for reallocated license leftover day. Or should I call it crash the system day!

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
the $600 isnt the issue. I'll pay to keep my points. I just want an additional point if i do that. i'm essentially giving up my first choice tag why can't i pay to keep my points and get an additional preference point.
They certainly aren't going to give you MORE points back than you used to draw the tag in the first place.

WKR
Last time I checked, Colorado was about the only state to offer a refund of any type with any option. Maybe other states have started doing that. Best of luck.

WTFJohn

WKR

i understand that's not how the system works just seems odd. and it would put me a year behind everyone. i'd essentially be re-applying for the same unit next year hoping again that i don't draw NM and have to keep repeating it every year.

all this is probably a non-issue because my % for NM according to TopRut is 13.9%. which probably means i'll be in Colorado.

You can't have your cake and eat it too; what you're talking about would make point creep even worse than it already is in CO.

cgasner1

WKR
Burn that bridge when you get there it’s the price you pay to juggle these states I pulled a limited entry Utah buck tag last year with 10 days booked in Alaska it happens just lace up the boots and be glad the tags showed up in the mail box and you got a opportunity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk