Classified buyer question

I'm new to rokslide and I was wondering if there are safety precautions for people buying gear in the classifieds? Does Rokslide screen scammers or some sort of money back if the person doesn't get the gear?

Jbxl20

WKR
No.
I’ve bought and sold plenty of gear on here. Never had an issue. Doesn’t mean scammers aren’t on here tho. Good luck.

Jonesry09

Lil-Rokslider
Like any forum, there are precautions you can take. Ask for photos with your name on a piece of paper next to the item. Ask for a phone number and talk to them. I am part of a camera exchange that requires you to send a photo with your drivers license to the potential buyer (you can black out important info like lic #). There are a bunch of small things that can be done to help protect yourself. Usually the golden rule holds true, if its too good to be true, it probably is.

OP
Nickoftime
Your joking right?
Money back from a 3rd party if you get scammed using a free service.
Lordy.
Haha, I wasn't but now that you mentioned it, I see your point! I'm just wondering if there are ways to notice scammers or if there is a way to have a safety net.

rgref522

WKR
always use paypal goods and services...... if you get screwed paypal will step in as the third party and get you your money back. it's foolproof and just that simple. this could literally be the last response to this post and all you need to know.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

WRM

WKR
Or buy Swaros from someone who listed them as their first post. Happened just the other day. Your choice.

Alchemy

WKR
If words “kindly” or “buddy” are used in the same sentence, stop all coms and run away. Ohh, and use G&S if your worried or purchase is over your comfortable threshold.
I have had nothing but positive purchases from rockslide

CorbLand

WKR
Like any forum, there are precautions you can take. Ask for photos with your name on a piece of paper next to the item. Ask for a phone number and talk to them. I am part of a camera exchange that requires you to send a photo with your drivers license to the potential buyer (you can black out important info like lic #). There are a bunch of small things that can be done to help protect yourself. Usually the golden rule holds true, if its too good to be true, it probably is.
This is not always fool proof. There have been a couple examples of people being pretty good at photoshop.

Themic86

Lil-Rokslider
I’m new here but have bought multiple items, and some from new people. It’s always a risk and where PayPal G&S is helpful. Most scammers won’t take that payment but if the deal is to good to be true then it likely is. I just wish people had to post locations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jacobo2012

Lil-Rokslider
Like many have stated on here rule of thumb is to typically look at how long someone’s been around and some of there post history
I’ve used f&f many times and luckily have never had an issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk