Classified Categories?

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
I think the problem with splitting the WTB and the WTS is that someone who goes to the current classifieds to post an item for sale would hopefully see a WTB and respond. If you move the WTB into its own category, a seller has to explicitly go there to check.

Then again, if your WTB is buried under two pages, the seller probably doesn't see it anyway. :D

I think you're right, I don't think a WTB section would be visited too often. There is a firearms forum that check and because of the chance of interstate sales you have to select which state its for. Maybe there is an option for a WTB vs WTS like this.
2017-05-18_11-53-55.png

It might be nice to have a bump rule or suggested bump wait(just to keep messages to the mods down about guy xyz is bumping too much).

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Do people check wtb before listing an item for sale? Highly doubtful​ but people still continue to bump thier shipping list anyway

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I hate the classifieds, I get several emails/PMs a day about them.

It might be nice to have a bump rule or suggested bump wait(just to keep messages to the mods down about guy xyz is bumping too much).

1) If excessive bumps ruins your day I don't know what to tell you
2) If you're complaining to the mods about excessive bumps I DO know what to tell you.

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
2) If you're complaining to the mods about excessive bumps I DO know what to tell you.
Doesn't ruin my day, just makes scanning for new/updated posts easier.

My mod complain comment was on making it a bump suggestion not a rule. I could see more people complaining if it was a "rule" than a "suggestion."

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I spend less time looking at the classifieds now than in the beginning due to the volume of new posts and limit of available time

I did buy 2 items here maybe 3, and it was a pleasant transaction- I knew what I want and kept looking for it
If you are window shopping, you will stay busy searching for sure

I view other threads more often anyway
But yes , you can post something for sale and 3 hrs later its on page 3 or 4 hahaha

We are an active group- and I guess that's a good thing

I sold a couple items and sent 10% of it back to Rokslide to help them "want" to keep the forums open and free for us.
It cant be too fun of a job for them.

R_burg

WKR

Why? I've never complained about anything on here to a mod and I doubt I will, but that being said, bump your thread once a day or something. Multiple bumps a day is annoying.

Regarding categories, there isnt enough FS stuff here for it to matter, its fine.