Classifieds

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I've had lots of complaints from the Classifieds over the last month. We try to help as much as we can. We do have a good spam filter and we do move quickly to resolve problems. But YOU need to use common sense and ALWAY protect yourself. Rokslide is not responsible for a bad outcome.

Ryan, I want to say thank you for all that you and the rest of the Rokslide staff do to make this site possible.
In regards to the classifieds, I agree with you 100%, use some common sense, trust your instincts and use what's available to you to your advantage. For example, I use PayPal for all of my transactions, but never try to save myself the 3 or 4 percent in transaction fees by using the F&F option. Paying honestly protects me from anybody that might try to scam me out of my money. And if I did get taken, I might inform someone at Rokslide so that person could be blocked/banned from the site, but I'd never try to blame that on any of the Rokslide staff.

Tend to agree. I’ve done quite a bit of business on Kifaru forums before I joined here, and I’d say that it’s easy to get a false sense of security within a tightly-knit group.

Glad to see the staff is here to assist.

elkdog

Lil-Rokslider
I really appreciate the classifieds, like anything else common sense applies.

ckleeves

WKR
Some of these scammers are getting pretty clever. They have post counts of 100+ BUT take a good look at those post. If one week before they list 2 Nightforce scopes they ask a question about wanting to get a vortex diamondback because they want to try a scope with turrets and they have a budget of 200.00 then I don’t think they have 2 NF’s hanging out all lonely in the back of the safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for posting this information, I am new to this forum and interested in learning more from everyone here and purchasing some products in the future. Looks like PayPal will be the best bet.

Since there's not really a vetting process other than post count, why not charge some type of one time fee ? Anything, $1 or something minimal that has to be paid through a PayPal account prior to buying or selling on the classified?

brob78

FNG
Thanks for the info guys. Reading the PP policy. Does the business protect you on clasified purchases through private parties? Or is this just ebay type purchases? thx

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the info guys. Reading the PP policy. Does the business protect you on clasified purchases through private parties? Or is this just ebay type purchases? thx
No we dont take any responsibility. Which is why we say use paypal goods and services.

RHR280AC

FNG
Hey guys. Another newbie here. I agree with what "couesbitten" posted topside. Save yourself the heartache and @$$pain by using pay pal WITH the 3% as it is a very cheap insurance policy against being taken. So far, Great forum with GREAT info. Thanks for having me.
Rg

joelbiltz

WKR
Best classifieds section I have used. But I always protect myself with not using F&F on PayPal unless I have dealt with that person in the past. Thanks for the great forums!