Classifieds

Renomd

FNG
Having been scammed on snipershide a few years ago a phone call or video calling goes a long way. Nigerians whom text run a long con with multiple people and have well adapted to lingo to appear legit. Always call don’t rely on text unless it’s a trusted longtime member.

I've had lots of complaints from the Classifieds over the last month. We try to help as much as we can. We do have a good spam filter and we do move quickly to resolve problems. But YOU need to use common sense and ALWAY protect yourself. Rokslide is not responsible for a bad outcome.
I think most of the problems occur because most of us couldn't fathom someone on a site of likeminded people to screw you over. reading through the forums here, it doesn't feel like a place you would need to take a lot of precaution buying or selling.... it's a shame there are people like that on this site, but there are a certain percentage anywhere in life.

Zap made a good point below, that's easy insurance without looking too uptight

we do need to have some ownership in our dealings though, and use common sense, you guys creating this platform is awesome, and i'm sure you are plenty busy in life like the rest of us to try to bail people out that didn't use common sense buying or selling.

Please beware! There was a guy that contacted me named Berettagod1. Was giving me some leads on sitka gear. Please be ware! Please!! He is scammer and I cant even send him a message. His message disappeared out of my
Inbox but I found it on my phone notifications. I cant even send him a message. Already made the purchase but used paypal good and services. The money was put on hold and they did not receive it yet. Please beware. Can an administrator contact me please about this. Thanks!!

Drew

Remy

FNG
As a long time lurker here on Rokslide in various forums I saw a scope I wanted but found out I need to have 10 posts and a waiting period before buying. It is a disappointment. AS far as selling I can understand but why does the rules apply to buying.

Outlaw99

WKR
As a long time lurker, you should know how valuable this site is and what a wealth of information is has to offer. Long time lurkers and active members should all be donating to the Rok once and a while. Instead of constantly coming on here and taking in info for free, and using the classifieds to buy and sell gear, EVERYONE ought to give back a little. Imagine if every person that was active or lurked on the rok just gave $20 a year. Instead of bitching about expecting something for free, do the right thing and make a donation to assure a great website can keep going strong for many years to come.

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
As a long time lurker here on Rokslide in various forums I saw a scope I wanted but found out I need to have 10 posts and a waiting period before buying. It is a disappointment. AS far as selling I can understand but why does the rules apply to buying.
This has been hashed over many times. Here's the summary, we aren't here for the classifieds. The classifieds are a byproduct of the community here. There are plenty of people who scam on the buyers side as well. This is why we require 10 posts and 7 days so our users have a sample size of posts to see if the user seems legit.

You also have the opportunity to bypass both the 10 posts and 7 days here... https://www.rokslide.com/forums/account/upgrades

OP
Ryan Avery

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member

People responding to WTB ads have the highest rate of scammers. It’s not just the sellers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jfasher

Lil-Rokslider
The 10 posts and 7 days isn't that big of a deal. If the item sells that I'm interested in then no big deal. We are so used to instant gratification. It gives you time to think about if you really need it or not.

When

FNG
Totally agree!

This has been hashed over many times. Here's the summary, we aren't here for the classifieds. The classifieds are a byproduct of the community here. There are plenty of people who scam on the buyers side as well. This is why we require 10 posts and 7 days so our users have a sample size of posts to see if the user seems legit.

You also have the opportunity to bypass both the 10 posts and 7 days here... https://www.rokslide.com/forums/account/upgrades
This is good, Thx.

JakeSCH

WKR
I'm brand spankin new and this seems fair. Though I have my eyes on that fierce for sale when the 7 days are up. Lol

Epi610

FNG
Ryan, I want to say thank you for all that you and the rest of the Rokslide staff do to make this site possible.
In regards to the classifieds, I agree with you 100%, use some common sense, trust your instincts and use what's available to you to your advantage. For example, I use PayPal for all of my transactions, but never try to save myself the 3 or 4 percent in transaction fees by using the F&F option. Paying honestly protects me from anybody that might try to scam me out of my money. And if I did get taken, I might inform someone at Rokslide so that person could be blocked/banned from the site, but I'd never try to blame that on any of the Rokslide staff.
Ryan, I want to say thank you for all that you and the rest of the Rokslide staff do to make this site possible.
In regards to the classifieds, I agree with you 100%, use some common sense, trust your instincts and use what's available to you to your advantage. For example, I use PayPal for all of my transactions, but never try to save myself the 3 or 4 percent in transaction fees by using the F&F option. Paying honestly protects me from anybody that might try to scam me out of my money. And if I did get taken, I might inform someone at Rokslide so that person could be blocked/banned from the site, but I'd never try to blame that on any of the Rokslide staff.
Couldnt say it much better than that 👍

Totally agree!

This is good, Thx.
This reasoning explains the thought process very well and helps to clarify the rule 👍

I just don't see how this is an issue for the site admins. . . If I enter into a deal and someone screws me there are 2 people at fault, me and the guy that hosed me.

Do your due diligence, check for feed back, check how long they have been a member, read some posts, contact a past buyer. Hell on a pack purchase I was just looking at I checked Facebook and saw the same bag, asked some questions and confirmed it was legit.

This is a website providing content, that happens to have a killer forum. . . And that forum happens to have a killer classifieds section. It should be the last thing on the admins minds other than maybe informing them of a bad apple to protect other in the future!

Rok on guys!

gtg13

FNG
I've had lots of complaints from the Classifieds over the last month. We try to help as much as we can. We do have a good spam filter and we do move quickly to resolve problems. But YOU need to use common sense and ALWAY protect yourself. Rokslide is not responsible for a bad outcome.
New Member here, love this site and all the help I've received!

Tbuckus

WKR
Hey guys. Another newbie here. I agree with what "couesbitten" posted topside. Save yourself the heartache and @$$pain by using pay pal WITH the 3% as it is a very cheap insurance policy against being taken. So far, Great forum with GREAT info. Thanks for having me.
Rg
It is cheap insurance.
But be aware of using PayPal on certain items. If PayPal considers it a firearm part, they will not cover the insurance/reimbursement. They can also lock funds. so PP G&S is not a guarantee.
If it is a non restricted item (say Sitka jacket) I’d pay the extra 2-3% so I am protected.
I also look at the buyer and have conversations. As a seller, I insure items to make sure people dont try to scam me with non deliverable items

Durran87

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you for what you do here! The Rokslide Classified section is one of the best I’ve seen. Unfortunately the scammers seem to be everywhere these days—have you seen all the fake ammo sale sites out there?