Cleaning case lube after sizing

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I checked previous threads but didn’t see an answer to this, so I apologize if it’s already been covered. (I have trouble finding food in the fridge, too.)

Any tips for cleaning water based case lube and off of brass after resizing? I use a water based spray on for mass lubing and get tired of individually wiping each case. Looking for some way to clean in mass. Dishwasher maybe?

fatbacks

WKR
I wet tumble mine. I don't use the stainless media... just some dish soap and hot water for 30-60 min

tdot

WKR
Hot water in a bowl. Toss the brass in, swirl them around for a minute or so, then drain. I do that twice and haven't found any residue left. (I use One Shot)

Artanis95

Lil-Rokslider
I tumble mine again but I've thought about the dishwasher as well my own self with the sanitation rinse and heated dry turned on but haven't tried it yet.

HiMtnHntr

WKR
I put them in the tumbler again with some media and pieces of fabric softener. If I want them more clean I put them in my ultrasonic.

OP
nodakian

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I put them in the tumbler again with some media and pieces of fabric softener. If I want them more clean I put them in my ultrasonic.
Looks like the tumbler is a popular option.

What do the fabric softeners do?

Haney

FNG
I wash mine in hot soapy water and put them in the dehydrator to dry . Extra work, but It gives me peace of mind knowing my brass is residue free .

OP
nodakian

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I tried the tumbler with dryer sheets method today. It does a good job and even cleans primer pockets decently. Downside is media gets stuck in flash holes but no big deal.

I’ll try the hot soapy water and dehydrator method on the next batch.

Rowdy

FNG
I toss each case as it’s sized in a tub of denatured alcohol. I size using Hornady One-Shot, has worked fine for removing all case lube for me.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
If I have a lot of time, sure I’ll tumble them again before chamfering the rim but sometimes I want to get Ammo loaded and I just wipe it off with a rag. Never seen any difference in performance.

dla

WKR
I checked previous threads but didn’t see an answer to this, so I apologize if it’s already been covered. (I have trouble finding food in the fridge, too.)

Any tips for cleaning water based case lube and off of brass after resizing? I use a water based spray on for mass lubing and get tired of individually wiping each case. Looking for some way to clean in mass. Dishwasher maybe?
Just a thought, but I used Ideal Wire Glide cable pulling lube ($12/quart). The stuff dries completely leaving just a haze on the brass. If I cared, I ran the finished rounds through the vibratory tumbler to make them pretty.

Kreutzer

FNG
I size before the sonic cleaner to clean the brass the first time. No sense in cleaning it twice for me.

OP
nodakian

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I toss each case as it’s sized in a tub of denatured alcohol. I size using Hornady One-Shot, has worked fine for removing all case lube for me.
This worked pretty well. Cases came out dry with very little remaining film.

As a bonus, I couldn’t find a funnel to put the leftover back in the can, so my kids and I poured it on the driveway and lit it. The blue flame at night was a hit!