Cleaning rod

Jellymon1

Lil-Rokslider
What’s a good muzzleloader cleaning rod? The 3 piece brass range rod I’ve been using has obvious wear around the joints and I’m afraid of damaging the rifling.

Idaholewis

Lil-Rokslider
What’s a good muzzleloader cleaning rod? The 3 piece brass range rod I’ve been using has obvious wear around the joints and I’m afraid of damaging the rifling.

I have a Few Different Range/Cleaning Rods, All are 1 Piece, And work very well.

For the Price these Slick Coated Fiberglass Treso Rods are hard to Beat, they are EXTREMELY Durable. I have been using 1 of these from my Beginning in Muzzleloading, I have used this Rod more than any of the Others Combined

This is a new Rod to me, I haven’t used it yet. It’s a Lehigh Complete Range Rod, VERY NICE, but also VERY Expensive, You can get this Rod without the Charge Height Indicator. Which is Just a Plain 1 piece Stainless Rod, it does come with the Same Handle, which has 2 sets of Thrust bearings so the Rod freely Rotates with the Rifling

Idaholewis

Lil-Rokslider
The Slick Coated Fiberglass Treso Rod From Buffalo Arms that i linked above has seen a TON of use, I have around 20 Muzzleloaders, Along with Numerous Barrels i Switch out. When i Clean, i run some REALLY REALLY tight Fitting Patches to ensure that i am getting in the Groove Corners of Square Cut Rifling, The Tight Fitting patches i speak of would freak some folks out. In Short, This Treso Rod is TOUGH, This thing has been through a LOT over the last 4-5 Years, And stil looks as good today as it did when i Bought it. For 14 Dollars it Can’t be beat

By far.. for cleaning and loading at the range or at I home I would suggest a Lehigh Range rod. In my estimation these things are far ahead of the norm.

This pic shows a RRod that Lehigh built for Knight Rifles. They now market the rod under their own Lehigh name.

IMG-0806.jpg

Follow this link to Lehigh Range Rod

Last edited:
I build custom muzzleloaders. I recommend picking up a range rod from www.trackofthewolf.com it has a collar that keeps the rod centered in your barrel so you dont damage threads.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Idaholewis

Lil-Rokslider
If you wanna get one of the Lehigh/ Knight ones like sabotloader posted, I’ve got a brand new one still in the original package I’d sell. Might save you a few bucks! PM me if you’re interested...

That‘s how i just got 1 of these :) A guy had an Extra Brand new one in the Box and made me a Deal on it. These are SURE NICE Range Rods.

Spolleypt

FNG
Does anyone have or know of an adapter to adapt the Lehigh 10/32 range rod to the standard larger “shotgun” bore brush and other attachments? I see Lehigh makes their own ball pusher/jag but want to use my brush and swabs?

zandroid

FNG
Brass is not as hard as the steel used in the barrel. It shouldn't damage it or the rifling. It's why brass fitting are used on all of the brushes and jags. If you want a dedicated cleaning rod though, the Tipton fiberglass rods are nice.

Find a 50 cal. machine gun rod. They are sectioned, tuff as a wood peckers lips,break down for easy storage.