Cleaning shaker bottle.

Pgohil

WKR
I really enjoy using my shaker bottle. For the life of me I haven't figured out the best way to keep it clean without booking water to clean it in the backcountry on an extended hunt. Any ideas?

Thanks

PGohil
WV

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

OP
Pgohil

Pgohil

WKR
I leave the shaker bottle and use quart freezer bags.
I've been doing that for the last few years.However, I'm adding powdered coconut oil to my protein powder this year. It just doesn't miss well at all in a bag. Hence the shaker bottle.

BigShane54

Lil-Rokslider
No cleaning necessary, just let it marinate and trap in the flavor! Lol
Outside of finding a creek to clean it, I'm not sure. I will follow to see everyone else's ideas since I also pack in a shaker.

OP
Pgohil

Pgohil

WKR
Using creek water isn't a problem for me, but I worry about the bacteria and stuff. That's the whole reason why we filter our water. I just hate to use filtered water to clean with . But that is another option

Gorp2007

WKR
If you're worried about bacteria in the water, then you'll either need to clean it with treated water or clean it and then fill it back up and use a chemical treatment on it. If you clean it in the creek and then fill it up and hit it with a chemical treatment it will take care of any bacteria in the water left behind by the cleaning process. You'll just need to wait a few minutes/hours to make sure the chems have enough time to take effect. Maybe clean and treat it before bed and then it's ready in the morning when you wake up. If you don't like the taste, dump it out and replace it with filtered.

dukkhnter

FNG
I have one that has plastic ball like mixer and roundish bottom vs square edge bottom and wire ball. Way easier to clean. I like it for work cuz all it needs is pretty much rinsed.