Clear Creek WMA in Nebraska

DCT1983

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone ever been to this area before? I looking at trying to get a bow hunt together this fall. A few questions I have are 1) Is it worth taking a climber out should I just hunt from the ground? 2) Can you camp there at the WMA? I’m looking to do this trip on the cheap and would like to camp close by. Any help and advice on an early season bow hunt would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
OP
DCT1983

DCT1983

Lil-Rokslider
Also, is this area better for whitetail or mulies? I was more thinking I’d like to go after whitetails because that’s what I know being from Missouri, but I’m good with sitting a muley too.

KHNC

WKR
Not too many people will give up this info online. Nebraska is short on public ground anyway, and thick with hunters.

OP
DCT1983

DCT1983

Lil-Rokslider
Not too many people will give up this info online. Nebraska is short on public ground anyway, and thick with hunters.
Yeah I didn't really think about that enough when I asked it. I am still new to this forum thing. Worth a shot though I guess.

rugerhoyt

Lil-Rokslider
Anything along the platte is going to have high deer populations. Should be a state park at the lake you can camp at, walleye could be starting to turn on too if we cool down a little. Whitetail will be the main species close to the river. Should be cottonwod, oak, and other bigger tree species and plenty of red cedar. Food will still be king so try and cut them off on their way to local fields and it’s been terrible dry so water will be key as well this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rugerhoyt

Lil-Rokslider
Anything along the platte is going to have high deer populations. Should be a state park at the lake you can camp at, walleye could be starting to turn on too if we cool down a little. Whitetail will be the main species close to the river. Should be cottonwod, oak, and other bigger tree species and plenty of red cedar. Food will still be king so try and cut them off on their way to local fields and it’s been terrible dry so water will be key as well this year.

The lake is a popular recreational destination so don’t be surprised to find some competition.

I bow hunted south of elm creek for most of college with little pressure. Look into blue hole wma south of elm creek ne. Can keep moving east down the river and find more places like it.