Climbing & killing deer with 6 XC

THLR

Lil-Rokslider
Editing hunting films is the closest I get to deer hunting these days.

PS: If anyone know of a scabbard backpack that's better than the Eberlestock (which sits like a corkscrew and is inferior to all my alpine packs), please let me know as my google-fu is unable to discover any.

WRO

WKR
If you can find a kifaru mtn warrior, they have a nice scabbard.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

PNWGATOR

WKR
Have you considered a Kifaru gun bearer in lieu of a scabbard on the pack?

That reticle is legit and I wish it was available in the US. More specifically, I wish Nightforce offered the THLR reticle across their line of products.

Kifaru makes a pack with a scabbard you may be interested in.
But its is only sold through Extreme Outer Limits.
Looks like they only offer the scabbard now. And it is to be used with the nomad 2 pack.

OP
THLR

THLR

Lil-Rokslider
That reticle is legit and I wish it was available in the US. More specifically, I wish Nightforce offered the THLR reticle across their line of products.
It exists in a MOA version in Leupold scopes https://www.gunwerks.com/shop/produ...44-35mm-m1c3-ffp-gunwerks-g7-18383?category=4

I did some consulting for that, and in my opinion the Gunwerks crew cleaned it up and I like the overall "viewing experience" of it better than my own Hybrid. The Gunwerks version is better focused on hunting.
My reticle was originally a private experiment with no intention of sale. Having only one go at it, I mixed features for hunting, competition, MIL to see what would and would not improve performance. Suddenly they wanted a product and I cleaned up the Concept reticle but it was not split into 2 or 3 product groups.

Gunwerks did a good job there, and I have shot jogging game at 10 yards with that now and allsorts of other hunting scenarios. I like that they have a cleaner center with sufficient windhold for most hunting as well as the heavy post for dealing with all that close & fast stuff. The heavy post is in no way obtrusive when you turn up the magnification.

Have you considered a Kifaru gun bearer in lieu of a scabbard on the pack?

It's not actually for my rifle, I use the scabbard for carrying my camera tripods. Because I need to work fast, I can't strap on/off, I need to reach over the shoulder and pull it out.

I'll email Kifaru and see if I can throw money at them in exchange for some mod's, seems like they build-to-order.

OP
THLR

THLR

Lil-Rokslider
I wouldn't mind, I'm a MRAD man. But I find that communicating with manufacturers to be difficult. Either you're that crazy internet guy or that other brand's guy or you are wasting time with someone who can make no decisions.