Climbing stick aider idea for little legs

JGBowman

Lil-Rokslider
Howdy, I hope you guys and gals are having a fantastic Thursday!

Last year I hunted most of my whitetail season with a tree saddle. Definitely a learning curve, but I am all in for this year!

The spots where I can will have screw in tree steps. My other spots I will use my Hawk 20" climbing sticks.

I am 5'9" man with short legs. I hunt in North East PA and in November I have to wear my heavy insulated bibs for all day sits (and most half day sits). When I have my muck boots on, and my bibs I can't lift my legs very far. So when I get in this situation I can not space my sticks very far apart, which means I do not go up the tree very high.

Currently, I use a strap with a piece of hose as an aider. I hate it. Its extremely unstable and my foot rolls off the tree sometimes as I am climbing.

Wanted to see if you of you have DIY aider ideas that you would suggest.

Thank you in advance!

Superdoo

WKR
Look up some arborist videos. Below is a link to a lengthy one, but the 17 minute mark starts the ascender usage.
Single rope technique has been done for a long time and is simple, but it requires the user to be diligent about safety.

Tubular webbing. Big loop on top end to loop over top of climbing stick. Little loop on the bottom to make a running noose that cinches around your foot. Water knots to make the loops. Adjust length to preference.

Aaronpaul14

Lil-Rokslider
I’m more of a fan of a CAYG aider. Having it cinched to your boot prevents the fumbling of boots and layers. Something like a versa aider or swaider style.

Squirrels

WKR
Howdy, I hope you guys and gals are having a fantastic Thursday!

Last year I hunted most of my whitetail season with a tree saddle. Definitely a learning curve, but I am all in for this year!

The spots where I can will have screw in tree steps. My other spots I will use my Hawk 20" climbing sticks.

I am 5'9" man with short legs. I hunt in North East PA and in November I have to wear my heavy insulated bibs for all day sits (and most half day sits). When I have my muck boots on, and my bibs I can't lift my legs very far. So when I get in this situation I can not space my sticks very far apart, which means I do not go up the tree very high.

Currently, I use a strap with a piece of hose as an aider. I hate it. Its extremely unstable and my foot rolls off the tree sometimes as I am climbing.

Wanted to see if you of you have DIY aider ideas that you would suggest.

Thank you in advance!
Head on over to saddlehunter.com forum