Climbing stick

I did it on mine this year and love it. I used about 8' of blue water 8mm accessory cord on each.

Turkeyslayer7

Lil-Rokslider
89fe5f841a059fc5eda0cf055d212617.jpg

Shortened some hawk sticks and stealth striped with diy versa button and 1/4” am steel blue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smash

Lil-Rokslider
Ya I’ve got some lone wolfs with the rope mod and like them a lot better. Got a couple with double steps and going to cut them down to 22 inches this spring and utilize a movable aided for next season.

bnoble318

FNG
Its lighter and quieter, but i never could get comfortable wtih it. its a cheap mod to try out, so go for it. search youtube for tons of videos on how various people did it.

Bogle

FNG
I have been using them for several years on all my Lone Wolf sticks. Im going to splice the the knots in the office season to streamline things a little as they get in the way when stacking the LW sticks. I really like not having to worry about the buckles making noise.

cvbot

FNG
how does the rope cinch it down to the tree? I have LW sticks and am almost to the point of selling them because i hate the straps.

Brendan

WKR
how does the rope cinch it down to the tree? I have LW sticks and am almost to the point of selling them because i hate the straps.
Wrap around tree, over top of versa button and behind the rope, two half hitches. The stick settles just a little, but works great.

J Bar

FNG
I will vouch for Brendan's set up, I switched my Hawk sticks last season to the Lone wolf versa button with rope. dropped weight from the sticks for packing in and works great! I wouldn't go back to buckles personally after a year using them with the rope.

Pezboat

WKR
There’s some new videos floating around of spliced amsteel. I’d google that. I know the DIY Sportsman just posted about it and plans to do a video. He’s pretty legit on showing how exactly to do it.

Turkeyslayer7

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve always gone under the button and only do one hitch but leave tag end on side that is coming from instead of pulling thru. This makes take down much easier and faster.