Closed hunt areas and COVID

Someone mentioned to me that they heard Wyoming was reimbursing hunters who’s areas had been closed because of the wild fires.
No idea if that’s the case or if they also got their points back.
I’m curious if that would be the case if Wyoming closes its borders to NR.
We have a hunt coming up in a few weeks and are beginning to worry.

OP
Buckshot85
Your confidence is reassuring. Outfitter is requiring us to have a negative COVID test within days of our arrival.
I’m ok with that. I just hope the test is reliable!!!! Doesn’t leave me much time for a second test if needed.

JRMiller

WKR
Every WGFD email i have ever received this year has not said so much as one word about covid.
Last email was yesterday, title was “The hunt is on in Wyoming”

OP
Buckshot85
I’m not worried about WGF cancelling because of COVID. I’m worried about the state of Wyoming health dept or the governor closing the borders to tourists like other states have. Wyoming has low COVID numbers and it’s understandable that they may want to keep it that way.

OP
Buckshot85
Is the outfitter going to show you proof of his own negative test?

I’m going by them by choice. No different than if you show up at my door and I ask you to take your shoes off before entering. You say no, I say bye.
The owner is a doctor and assured me that all staff and guides are routinely tested.

Squincher

WKR
Big difference between being a guest and being a paying customer. I'd take his word if he took mine, but he is going to show proof if he demands it of me. To each their own though; I hope you have a great hunt.

TheGDog

WKR
This is what I've got to deal with out here in SoCal. My choices are Angeles NF and Cleveland NF.

Latest executive order regarding continuing the Forest Closures to 10-8-2020

My general season is supposed to begin 10-10-2020. I have a strong suspicion that's also going to get Eff'd over as well, just like my bow season.

I'll tell you this... when isht gets opened backup? I will be on a 1-man mission to decimate as many predators as I can to make up for it!