CLOSED - ISO Iowa Whitetail Outfitter recommendation

LightFoot

WKR
I am ready to draw Iowa and I was working with an outfitter that fell through.

Looking for an outfitted Iowa archery hunt. Looking to be in the $5K or less price range.

Any recommendations?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Iowa Droptine Outfitters.

Guthrie county is a diamond in the rough for trophy whitetails in Iowa, and although not in the legendary NE or SE Iowa corridors, there are great deer in W. Central Iowa.

Last edited:

D S 319

WKR
I’ve heard good things about timber ghost in SE Iowa. Lots of big bucks come out of that area.

Whiterock Conservancy in West Central Iowa used to offer paid whitetail hunts. They have over 5500 contiguous acres along the Middle Raccoon River. Guided hunts are not listed on their website, but it would be worth calling to inquire. I would ask for Darwin Pierce or Dean Jackson for more information.

OP
LightFoot

LightFoot

WKR
Iowa Droptine Outfitters.

Guthrie county is a diamond in the rough for trophy whitetails in Iowa, and although not in the legendary NE or SE Iowa corridors, there are great deer in W. Central Iowa.
Thank you for this recommendation.

I am now booked with Iowa Droptine Outfitters for this year! They had one spot open and I got it.

I spoke with the whole crew there and 3 of there references. They seem like a great family outfit that treats their hunters like one of their own.

I am so excited!

I am now booked with Iowa Droptine Outfitters for this year! They had one spot open and I got it.

I spoke with the whole crew there and 3 of there references. They seem like a great family outfit that treats their hunters like one of their own.

I am so excited!

That’s awesome man and good luck! Don’t forget to hit the Rusty Duck in Dexter for supper if you can. Place has amazing food and the owner, Brad, will treat you right.

cb23

FNG

I am so excited!

How was your hunt there?

OP
LightFoot

LightFoot

WKR
How was your hunt there?

Great! Passed on several 130s and drew on a 180 that never gave me a shot. Saw good deer every day. Saw some really good bucks that didn’t get close enough.

Should have shot this one in the first morning but had just drawn on that 180…
2ba6ac77aa0c0f375d5cea6b8ea8c55d.jpg

>>>——JAKE——>

Great! Passed on several 130s and drew on a 180 that never gave me a shot. Saw good deer every day. Saw some really good bucks that didn’t get close enough.

>>>——JAKE——>
I’m glad you had a good hunt, and it’s too bad you didn’t punch a tag. Glad to hear that they took good care of you guys.

cb23

FNG

>>>——JAKE——>
could you pm me with more info. Looking to hunt with them soon.