Closer look at the ASOLO Hunter GV and Tribe GV boot line..

EKyhookr

FNG
How is the ankle support on the hunter gv?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thebest3

Lil-Rokslider
How is the ankle support on the hunter gv?

from my personal experience campare asolo to kenetrek hardscrabble they are similar. The asolo definitely felt lighter and more slimmer fitting and smaller toe box. which might not work for some feet. I also like the lace system on asolo gv. lock my heal better..no heal slippage. thinking of getting rid of mine to upsize since this boot hurt my toe going downhill.

thebest3

Lil-Rokslider
also the sole is pretty thin on the asolo so I change that out to a thicker sole and felt much better.

OP
snopro176

snopro176

WKR
The ankle support is sufficient for me but others may differ, definitely no less than the boots I've had in the past. I can't really speak to the rocker. I've ditched the thin insole an am using the thicker softsole from the video and am liking the results. Thanks for the feedback guys!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

EKyhookr

FNG
Awesome. Thanks. I was worried about the stiffness in the upper, Sierra shows it as only 6 1/2” I believe, I wore the Salomon quest 4d gtx last year and didn’t have any ankle issues so hopefully these will work out. I’m gonna order some and try them out.
Thanks again.
One last thing, how’s the sizing? Pretty true to size?

OP
snopro176

snopro176

WKR
Awesome. Thanks. I was worried about the stiffness in the upper, Sierra shows it as only 6 1/2” I believe, I wore the Salomon quest 4d gtx last year and didn’t have any ankle issues so hopefully these will work out. I’m gonna order some and try them out.
Thanks again.

I'm between sizes 10.5 and 11 and with the thin sole these being 11s, were roomy, a little more than I'd like, but since putting the new sole in that took that extra space up almost perfectly. I'd say they're true to size.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

CoHiCntry

WKR

I've been wearing Asolo boots for a long time... Like 20+ years. They have always fit my feet really well so I stick with them. I do buy others occasionally to try against them. For sizing, I wear a 10.5 in Danner, an 11.0 in Kenetrek and an 11.5 in Asolo. Hopefully that helps you out.

I bought a pair of these from Sierra Trading Post last December. I like the build and straight out of the box they were comfortable yet enveloped my foot in a way that gave me confidence. I have worn them a few times around town and continue to like the fit and stability. I had noticed the narrow looking sole on the boot but on wearing them it feels fine and doesn't seem to be an issue. I have a pair of Crispi Nevadas and I like the Asolo boots just as well. I like the price way better. I wear a 10.5 and bought the 10.5 Asolo and they seem to fit true to my size.

snakelk

WKR
You convinced me...just ordered some. I'll do a head to head with my Lowa Tibet
I'd be interested to know how this turns out. The Asolo Hunter Extreme GV's caught my eye and I'm wondering how they compare to my Lowa Hunter GTX Evo Extreme. 14% cash back with eBates today, so that would bring the price down under $200.

Tauntohawk

Lil-Rokslider
So the in your compare the hunter Gv were a good bit stiffer then your crispi boots? I like the price of a full leather full rand boot under 2lb each but only want moderately stiff with some flex. I have a stiff set of Lowa boots which are great for elk but always feel too clunky for high mileage turkey hunting in the spring.

I just don't know if I trust the waterproofing of a synthetic hiker.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I'd be interested to know how this turns out. The Asolo Hunter Extreme GV's caught my eye and I'm wondering how they compare to my Lowa Hunter GTX Evo Extreme. 14% cash back with eBates today, so that would bring the price down under $200.

I had the lowa gtx evo Extreme last year. (they got burned up in the fire in Paradise) I felt they were extremely stiff and took a significant amount of break in and getting used to. Lots of heel rub the first few outings, no blisters just hot irritation. That being said, I grew to love them for their stiffness and the support they gave. They were clunky and I certainly did no ballet in them. (sometimes that is an issue, think boulder hopping). Overall the Lowa experience turned me towards stiffer and more technical boots.

Because I had to replace them, I got some Crispi Nevadas and for Christmas someone bought me the Asolo boots. My current order of preference would be the Asolo then the Crispi, then the Lowa boots. But again, I have not been on the mountain with a full load with the Asolo or Crispi boots yet.

snakelk

WKR
I had the lowa gtx evo Extreme last year. (they got burned up in the fire in Paradise) I felt they were extremely stiff and took a significant amount of break in and getting used to. Lots of heel rub the first few outings, no blisters just hot irritation. That being said, I grew to love them for their stiffness and the support they gave. They were clunky and I certainly did no ballet in them. (sometimes that is an issue, think boulder hopping). Overall the Lowa experience turned me towards stiffer and more technical boots.

Because I had to replace them, I got some Crispi Nevadas and for Christmas someone bought me the Asolo boots. My current order of preference would be the Asolo then the Crispi, then the Lowa boots. But again, I have not been on the mountain with a full load with the Asolo or Crispi boots yet.
Thanks for the report. Sorry to hear you Lowas got burned up in the Camp Fire.

I've been using the Lowa Hunter GTX EVO for four years and like everything about them for the terrain I hunt. The stiffness and support makes a huge difference when side hilling, especially when it's steep. Yes, they are heavy and stiff, but I'll take the tradeoff.

Are the Asolo boots you like best the taller Hunter version? I'm just wondering if those have similar support and stiffness as the Lowa Hunters. Thanks again.

Thanks for the report. Sorry to hear you Lowas got burned up in the Camp Fire.

I've been using the Lowa Hunter GTX EVO for four years and like everything about them for the terrain I hunt. The stiffness and support makes a huge difference when side hilling, especially when it's steep. Yes, they are heavy and stiff, but I'll take the tradeoff.

Are the Asolo boots you like best the taller Hunter version? I'm just wondering if those have similar support and stiffness as the Lowa Hunters. Thanks again.

The Asolo boots I have I have are the shorter version (Hunter GV). The Asolo seems to be a bit less stiff than the Lowa GTX EVO ( but I dont have the Lowa to try on and directly compare)

The difference that I was trying to describe between the Lowa and Asolo is twofold. First the Asolos are less stiff, the Lowas were great on steep and loose terrain, but the stiffness came at a price, the boots were incredibly hard to break in, it took multiple trips, with usually a boot change on the second day for me to get the Lowas to conform to my foot and be able to wear all weekend. Plus, I had the red version, so I felt like a jackass wearing red boots for the first few wearings...

The Asolo boots arent quite as stiff, but my feet loved them from moment one. A couple of days on the mountain hopefully will confirm what my feet are already telling me, I will like this boot.

Tauntohawk

Lil-Rokslider
I wanna try the asolo neutrons while Sierra has their sale on, for a turkey boot but don't know if their waterproofing can handle all the wet grass being a synthetic boot.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk