Closest pants to KUIU Attack Pants

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
I have had a pair of KUIU attack pants for a few years now and absolutely love the feel, fit etc. of them, I wear them damn near everyday to work, around home, out and about etc. essentially my fav pair of pants. Although I don't care much for the over $100 price. Are there any pants that are really close to them or comparable for a bit less money etc.? I have a pair of the Black Ovis pants as well, but they arent nearly as thick feeling as thr attack's, although I like the Black Ovis ones as well.

Prana Zion. they list for $90 but can be had for $45 to $50. There is a skinny jeans version that was a bit too revealing for me. Regular fit is fairly slim.

Slugz

WKR
Duluth Trading Standard Fit Flexpeditions.

I was also looking for something for work that was like the Kuiu Attacks.
Material is very close to the Attacks if not the same. I Sept archery hunt in them also.

OP
Glendon Mullins

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member

Material is very close to the Attacks if not the same. I Sept archery hunt in them also.
Ironically I was looking at Duluth Trading website when I made this post as well, trying to find similar items lol

Hondo

WKR
Marmot Scree and Prana Stretch Zion pants the best non-hunting pant alternatives I have found in the sub $100 price range. Some discontinued Mountain Hardwear pants I found on ebay have proven to be just as good as well as do the Patagonia Field Pants. I've had Eddie Bauer Pro Guide, BlackOvis Granite Peak and the Wrangler pants and they are a step down IMO but serviceable at the right price.

The First Lite Guide Lite pants are $49 in limited sizes at Sierra right now. They are not the current run so they run about a 1/2 to a full size small but are a great value at that price. I picked up a couple of extra pair and hope that when other FL pants gets their updates we will see some there as well.

Check the classifieds forum regularly too. I've found great deals on Sitka, Kuiu and First Lite pants there.

Is the Prana Stretch Zion maybe a touch lighter than the Attacks? I have two pair and was considering getting the Attacks, wanting a heavier/warmer pant.

Retterath

WKR
The kings xkg preacher 2.0 pant are almost identical to the attack. the difference I noticed is the xkg have a knee pad and the crotch is a little longer.

Zions are definitely lighter than Attacks. I just got a pair of Prana Eagle Ray pants on sale for $36, the material is much more similar to Attacks. The fit is somewhere in between the Zion/Zion straight.

They have a goofy zippered front of thigh pocket that I can’t imagine I’ll ever use, but they’re great pants for the price.

FlyingDutchman

Lil-Rokslider
How bout the original SG Dehaviland pant? Are these similar fabric to the attack? Oh wait they’re in same price range as the attack.
I’m in the same boat OP...the kuiu pants don’t fit me right so I’ve been trying to find a pair similar to the attack. The prana zion are definitely lighter than the attack.

MtnMuley

WKR
I wouldn't compare the Prana Zion's or the Wrangler Comfort Stretch pants at all. The Prana's and Wranglers can be compared. The attacks are quite a bit thicker in perspective. I use all 3 and would recommed all.

FlyingDutchman

Lil-Rokslider
I’m wondering if the new First Lite pant will be closer to attack. The Corrugate guide are a bit lighter stretch nylon. I believe the attack are poly blend which makes them warmer IME.
I heard rumor there would be 3 weights to the new FL pant...no idea if that’s true or not.

Lowg08

WKR
Skre hard scrabble is contender but I believe same price range. You could find some for cheaper on the classifieds maybe

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I gotta say the wrangler stretch cargo pants are a great everyday pant and hunting pant. They are definitely lighter than the attacks, might need something underneath. Also the Skre hardscrabble are probably as close as you can get, my experience is the HS fabric leans a little towards weather resistance and the attacks lean towards being breathable.

TBHasler

WKR
How bout the original SG Dehaviland pant? Are these similar fabric to the attack? Oh wait they’re in same price range as the attack.
I’m in the same boat OP...the kuiu pants don’t fit me right so I’ve been trying to find a pair similar to the attack. The prana zion are definitely lighter than the attack.

Close but I think the weight of the brand new SG Dehaviland Lite pants are close to the attacks fabric weight. The SG pants, both original and lite, have a longer rise fit and of course have the adjustable Velcro zipper thing to adjust waist size.
I’m becoming a big fan of the SG pants - I took the original dehavillands to AZ in Jan and the longer side zips were awesome for active days that started in the 20s and got into the 50s/60s

cdavison

FNG

Any sizing advice on these? I think the Attacks run tight, how would you compare the size?

Zions are definitely lighter than Attacks. I just got a pair of Prana Eagle Ray pants on sale for $36, the material is much more similar to Attacks. The fit is somewhere in between the Zion/Zion straight.

They have a goofy zippered front of thigh pocket that I can’t imagine I’ll ever use, but they’re great pants for the price.

I just got some Eagle Ray's. They are awesome pants, wish I had found them sooner.

I thought I saw Prana say they are the same material as the Stretch Zion. They seem similarly 'thin.' But less stretch me to me. I would think the Eagle Ray's are thinner than the Attacks.

ETA: The Eagle Ray's are pretty sweet. I feel like I could wear them to the office or (as I did this weekend) cutting wood.

Maybe there’s some variation in manufacturing, but mine are noticeably thicker than my Zion Straights. Probably the closest to Attack’s of any pants I own.

Regardless, they’re a great pant for the money, and fit me significantly better than attack, which I find too baggy.