Closest puffy to the Grumman?

What jackets would compete with the Grumman for weight, down fill, etc? Must be a solid color option, no camo.

SPECS

• Weight - 11.8 oz. (L)
  • 15 Denier Pertex® Quantum Shell
  • 850+ Fill Power Goose Down
  • HyperDRY™ DWR Treated Down
  • 100% Traceable RDS Certified Down
  • Articulated Hood
  • 5.3 oz of Insulation
  • Streamline Internal Cuff
  • Elastic Waist Hem
  • YKK Zippers
  • Stuff Sack Included
  • Size in Stuff Sack: 8” x 4” x 3.5”

Rommy

Lil-Rokslider
Are you looking for something similar in the hunting industry or can it be a mountaineering company as well?

Are you looking for something similar but more affordable? Because that will eliminate a ton of contenders.

Which part or parts of the Grumman are most important to you that you would like to replicate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
MuleyFever
I dont care who makes it, just looking for options in a coat that will be similar in weight and fill/warmth.

Rommy

Lil-Rokslider
Only available in camo.

Montbell mirage and feathered friends Helios are very similar but even lighter and warmer.

But they’re also more expensive and not water resistant down.

Is there a reason you don’t just buy the Grumman instead of trying to find a like for like substitute?

jt4

WKR
Arcteryx cerium SV

No experience with the jacket but I have a cerium lt vest and I like it.

The Kryptek Ghar is very close but no hood and comes in a very similar grey. I had a SKRE Ptarmigan which is about the same as the Grumman as well and switched to the Ghar in hopes of finding just a little more warmth and it was 3 oz lighter.

OP
MuleyFever
That’s fair a point. Do you have anything in mind to narrow down the search?

No, just seeing what other people know of. Lots of brands out there with multiple jackets. It's hard to know what ones you don't know of.

LJ Buck

WKR
Look at Sitka's new offering, only a few oz heavier but probably a more complete jacket

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
when comparing down jackets, pay particular attention to fill weight (and fill quality)

the Grumman does a pretty damn good job in packing 5.5 oz of down in a 11-ish oz jacket

OP
MuleyFever
when comparing down jackets, pay particular attention to fill weight (and fill quality)

the Grumman does a pretty damn good job in packing 5.5 oz of down in a 11-ish oz jacket

I agree. It’s at the top of my list but I don’t want to overlook any option.