Clothes for Bigger Guys

brn2hnt

WKR
Quick question for those of you who have tried some of the different clothing brands. What brands or models are better for us bigger guys? In my best shape, I still am 6'2" 230. Seems like most of the guys I see raving about these clothing lines still talking about them being an athletic fit, and they themselves are only like 6' 180. I haven't been that size since middle school. Thanks for any thoughts

a3dhunter

WKR
I'm a big guy and have found Sitka to have a good fit. I also have some Russell APX clothing that fits well for the tops, but fopr the bottoms the Sitka fits better.

At your size you should be able to fit into Kuiu pretty easily as well, although they don't have a lot for bigger guys.

For some reason, some of the top manufacturers think if you are a bigger guy you won't be hunting the mountains.
I covered over 80 miles last season while wearing size 3X. I may not have been the fastest, but I avg. hiking 5 miles per day over 16 days.
The last time I saw 180 was before high school, been closer to 260-290 the last few years.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We're built pretty close and the Kuiu Attack fit much better than the Sitka Ascent for me. With the Ascent I had to buy XL and take the waist line in 3 inches so they would fit around my quads.

I would get the XXL tops from Kuiu if you want more of a baggy fit compared to Athletic.

I was 6'1' and 220 when I got the Kuiu and down to 200 now, but it fits just as well.

littlebuf

Banned
I wear all sitka gear.im 6'4" 240. XXL tops and coats and xlt pants (accent and 90%) one of the few brands of jacket where the arms are long enough for me.I've got a little ove7 foot wing span