Clothing Care

What are you guys using to care for you expensive performance clothing?

My reseach makes me thing there are only two products to consider really... Nixwax and Revivex.

I have tried nixwax and wasnt all that amazed. It left a greasy waxy feeling to my clothes. Revivex is what Sitka sales on their website, I havent tried it. Havent tried any spray on.

Just wondering what you guys use or believe is best???

Lawnboi

WKR
Nik wax tech wash is what I use. It seems to restore the dwr for the most part on my stuff. I also have some of the spray on stuff for areas where the dwr has worn off.

mtbshark

WKR
I have had good luck with Nik Wax Tech wash then going to the Revivex spray on to re up the DWR.

by the way sitka is owned by Gore as is Revivex

sk1

WKR
nik wax tech wash for dwr clothing, but sometimes it doesnt get stains out and i use a scent free sport wash....when i do this or after 6x washes with nik wax i use the nik wax spray on waterproofer to revitalize the dwr....remember the wash in water proofer is made for more non-breathable type clothing

other clothing to include merino i use the scent free sport wash, but i also turn my merino inside out, not sure if it makes a difference with pilling, but since ive started doing that i feel like it helps even though it probably doesnt

i guess i do somewhat know what you're talking about with that slightly filmy feeling, but it hasnt been something that bothered me enough to go product searching, sorry i couldnt be of more help with that part

OP
jquarnberg
Those wash bags are great for the base layers. I use the one my wife has for her bras :). I noticed far less pilling and wear on the merino 185 and my synthetic stuff too.

mtbshark

WKR
Oh nice, I never thought about merino in the mesh wash bags. I will give that a try, causer i have noticed a fair amount of pilling in the past month or so.