Clothing for someone 6'6

jburkhardt234

FNG
Classified Approved
Looking for help from my fellow tall guys, which companies size tall actually fits? I'm tired of hiking with highwaters....

OldGrayJB

WKR
King's camo tall pants have a 36 inch inseam. And I think Kuiu is making some now that are very long.

Other than that, you'll have to wear solid colors. Which isn't really a bad option anyway.

Edit: These are the only 2 brands I found in my waist size. (Medium) If your waist size is 34 or above, you'll find more options.

Last edited:

Superdoo

WKR
First Light's tall stuff is pretty tall. I normally wear a 35" inseam and their large tall pants were too long for me.

MP.hunter

FNG
I’m 6’6” Kryptek all the way, great pant length for me, I’m 36x36 and they are one of the pants that work great and XL in the tops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dead eye BT

Lil-Rokslider
I’m 6’4”, but only have a 34” inseam. What I have a problem with is shirts being too short for my torso. I have had decent luck with FL and Kuiu’s merino wool tops for length.
Any tall guys running SKRE merino tops? Fit reports for length?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I wear a 36x38, and yes it's a real challenge. You can't really go only by inseam lengths per se, because many manufacturers have gone to a newfangled sizing concept with a much shorter rise. So you might find a 36" inseam on a pant that's missing 3" off the top of the pants, but overall the pants are still 3" short. It's hit and miss. The King's Camo Hunter pants fit OK, but not really a fan of their material that much. It's very plasticky.......if that's a word. I just got spoiled with the old Microtex Lite material from Cabela's that's 100% polyester but it feels like combed cotton and is silent.

Kuiu talus the inseam can be let out, also kings camo has a tall inseam. I wear 30 40 in wranglers and its a pain finding pants that fit. At least the short guys can have there's hemmed.

Best solution…...
Buy Gaiters

OP
J

jburkhardt234

FNG
Classified Approved
Kuiu talus the inseam can be let out, also kings camo has a tall inseam. I wear 30 40 in wranglers and its a pain finding pants that fit. At least the short guys can have there's hemmed.

Best solution…...
Buy Gaiters

Wow that must be terrible, I normally buy 34x38 for boots; and have a hard time finding that. I can't imagine 30x40!

Thank you everyone for all the insights and recommendations!

im 6'6" / 250. FIrst lite has tall size in pants. Have worn the corrugate guides (LT) and also the catalyst pants (XXL).

I've also had good luck with their shirts too. the sleeves and torso length tends to be generous, even though they are standard sizing.

skregear

Lil-Rokslider
All of our pants that have a "T" next to them are a 36" inseam. The rest of them are 34".

rkramer

FNG
FL guide pants have know to be inconsistent but I am 6 4 with an inseam of about 35" and the talls were too long for me and I had to exchange them for the regular size. So they would be worth while looking into.