Clothing for specific species crossover

How much of your gear do you cross over into each system. for example, I am mostly a whitetail hunter on the east coast and wantes to get into mountain hunting in Colorado this year on a friends lease. Do you find any parts of your clothing system are good for both? I was thinking only base layers and stuff like that but im sure theres more gear i’m overlooking.

Lee_R

Lil-Rokslider
Don't over think it. I've hunted colorado for years exclusively with family/friends from the Midwest who were predominantly whitetail hunters and most of their gear did double duty. The biggest difference from a clothing perspective is that you'll likely be covering more ground elk hunting so your footwear needs to be able to handle it. As for the rest of your clothes, being able to add or remove layers depending on activity and weather, but I'm guessing you've probably got most of what you need. If you're talking about more than clothes, then you might need to expand your gear (optics, packs, etc).

Randle

WKR
All of it crosses over for me. I buy what is quiet and comfortable so I can use it for any season. I hunt everything from the ground

I don't have clothes for specific species, I chose my clothes for the weather and environment I will be hunting in, with the exception of turkey.

NCSU_Lewis

Lil-Rokslider
The only thing I don't use for both is my heavy bibs for late season. I wear the boots I got for western a lot while scouting if I don't need knee boots and the base layers and puffy all work great in the stand.

I have dedicated gear for waterfowl. For big game and predator hunting I wear whatever makes sense; no species-specific gear.

Honyock

WKR
If you are layering I can't see a scenario that the species would make a difference. Boots are a total different story. The Danner Pronghorns that work great whitetail hunting would not be what I would wear chasing elk in Colorado. I've seen guys ruin a good hunt by their feet getting tore up wearing flatland boots. Do not skimp on your mountain boots.

I am a Whitetail Hunter from Wisconsin by trade and hunt CO mule deer about every other year. I wear exactly the same stuff in CO as I do for Whitetail in WI. There is literally no need for anything different minus a good pack if youre going to hunt the back country. I use an Exo Mt Gear pack myself.

A guy mentioned not using Danner Pronghorns for hunting CO. Im hear to tell you my current pair of Pronghorns are now on their 4th season of hunting both WI and CO and my pair before that lasted a decade. If your Pronghorns are comfortable and broken in when youre Whitetail hunting they will be comfortable and broken in hunting Mule deer. Youre not sheep hunting, you dont need a mountaineering boot to hunt Mule deer in CO or anywhere out West except for the most of extreme of spots which the average guy will never hunt anyways.

One year (when i wanted to replace my older pronghorns) i drank the Rosklide Kool Aid and bought Crisp Nevadas. HUGE mistake which is why im back in tried and true Pronghorns. The Crispi were terrible with a TON of heel slip no matter which way i laced them. Even returned the size 11 i had which i wear in literally every shoe or boot ive ever owned and tried a 10.5 per Crispis recommendation and there was still a ton of slop in the heel. No way im going to a 10 thats crazy. Those boots just suck. Look em up here and wade through the high praise and youll see plenty of threads where guys hate them or have a ton of heel play.

Just pick up a good pack and wear/use whatever youre using for Whitetail. Dont overcomplicate it, youre not going to the Yukon to hunt in isolation there are roads, stores and fast food joints all over CO just like the rest of the country LOL.