Clothing recommendation needed for SK

Stud Duck

Lil-Rokslider
I had my heart set on Raven Wear, but since they've closed the doors, what is the next best thing? I need clothes for an upcoming whitetail hunt in Saskatchewan.

Thanks.

WCS

Lil-Rokslider
It was too bad that Raven Wear closed their doors, I used to have some of their clothing and it kept me warm for a lot of years. That being said, for whitetail hunting here in Saskatchewan I wear Woolpower 400 g/m bottoms and top, Sitka Kelvin lite pant, Kuiu super down jacket and over top of that I wear a pair of Cabelas dri-plus bibs and parka (both white) and a pair of Cabela's Saskatchewan Pac-boots if I'm in a ground blind. If I'm moving locations during the day, then I'll take off a few layers and wear my lacrosse alphaburlys. I'm assuming that you're outfitter will also be sending you a gear list which should cover the gear you need.

WCS is spot on, assuming you are on a November hunt, although October can get pretty chilly as well. Some sort of wool base layer, something to break the wind, and a heavyweight outer layer should get you through most days.
Don't forget about your hands and feet, I run a muff with hand warmers and light gloves for shooting when it's very cold. If you're in the same stand for a half day or all day, the Pac boots are tough to beat.
Keep your extremities warm and be patient, those big boys don't come easy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
S

Stud Duck

Lil-Rokslider
Yes, it's a November hunt.

I appreciate the input from both of you.

LaGriz

WKR
Stud Duck,
I have some King of the Mountain wool I'm pretty fond of when it is cold enough to need it. Had good service with these in Northern Maine's "wet cold" conditions. If I was exclusively stand hunting I would consider Mickey Mouse boots. A pair of these 11# darlings saved my hunt once in Northern Michigan. My socks would fall down and the hair got rubbed of my shins as I remember. Not the best if you have to do much hiking plus they are a very heavy boot. The loaner boots were at least 1 size too large but welcome as my 200 gram Danners were not getting it done. My feet sweat pretty much and I have to make an effort to control moisture in cold conditions. Spray my feet with an anti-perspiring un-scented spray. We used to pack 2 boot dryers for 6 guys and rotate our boots in the camp each night. Some guys had two pair of boots, alternating them each day. Good luck on your hunt sir!

LaGriz