Clothing Recommendations (Key Items) ... Elk Hunting in NE Washington/SE BC

I really like the Costco Paradox merino/poly base layer zip neck tee tops and long underwear bottoms.....a lot better than the KUIU merino tops as they dry out so much faster and won't stink for me until day 4 or 5 of a back pack hunt...YMMV.

The Cabelas Microtex shirts are very good. They are tough as heck, fairly windproof and make a great layer or top depending on conditions. Two worn together is very wind proof and warm. They dryout fairly fast. They are $50 or $60 each. I like them as pants too, but are a bit baggy.

My favorite pants excluding areas with blackberry brush or catclaw are KUIU Attack pants. Tough, dry quick, work in any weather for me and have side vents. Good stuff but a bit pricey.

Costco has their Paradox down jackets ($50) and 32 degree vests ($25) in the Kamloops store now. Cheap, comfortable and warm, but would get wet......great puffy for cold weather glassing or stand hunting, not camo, but can get gray.

Fleece makes good layers and is quiet on top.

Good luck!!!

OP
dapesche

dapesche

WKR
I really like the Costco Paradox merino/poly base layer zip neck tee tops and long underwear bottoms.....a lot better than the KUIU merino tops as they dry out so much faster and won't stink for me until day 4 or 5 of a back pack hunt...YMMV.

The Cabelas Microtex shirts are very good. They are tough as heck, fairly windproof and make a great layer or top depending on conditions. Two worn together is very wind proof and warm. They dryout fairly fast. They are $50 or $60 each. I like them as pants too, but are a bit baggy.

My favorite pants excluding areas with blackberry brush or catclaw are KUIU Attack pants. Tough, dry quick, work in any weather for me and have side vents. Good stuff but a bit pricey.

Costco has their Paradox down jackets ($50) and 32 degree vests ($25) in the Kamloops store now. Cheap, comfortable and warm, but would get wet......great puffy for cold weather glassing or stand hunting, not camo, but can get gray.

Fleece makes good layers and is quiet on top.

Good luck!!!
Thanks. I was actually up in Kamloops over July long. Had a look at those vests. Really like the idea of primaloft vs down.

I've been out scouting down here in Nelson and my pranas are holding up great to the brush. Come fall I have wool staneys or 3/4 north face base layer pants to use underneath... Will see how it goes.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk