CO 2012 Draw stats are out

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Feb 25, 2012
Messages
10,038
Location
SE Idaho
Depressing...
good unit that was taking 2-3 is now 10-15! and it's not better hunting than it was at 2-3. Poor fellows who waited more than a decade.
 
OP
Foldem

Foldem

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2012
Messages
514
Location
Rocky Mountains
No problem Matt. I love looking through these tables! I spend a lot of time looking through them each winter.
 

NDHunter

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2012
Messages
110
Location
North Dakota
Can someone explain how to get the nonresident quotas? When I look at the recap summaries, it looks like there are columns for "Gen, Lown, Nres and Yth." There are always numbers under gen and Lown but for Nres and Yth it is always a 0. Thanks....
 

dirtytough

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2012
Messages
1,054
I believe its because there is no set quota for non res. Say there are 100 tags for a specific hunt. Landowners get 15 percent so there would be 85 tags left for the regular draw. Residents could draw all 85 tags if they had the most preference points. Non res aren't guaranteed 35 percent of the tags. They can draw up to 35 percent though. And of course there are slightly different numbers if its an 80/20 unit.

On another note, it looks like the archery deer hunts are creeping also.
 

NDHunter

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2012
Messages
110
Location
North Dakota
I believe its because there is no set quota for non res. Say there are 100 tags for a specific hunt. Landowners get 15 percent so there would be 85 tags left for the regular draw. Residents could draw all 85 tags if they had the most preference points. Non res aren't guaranteed 35 percent of the tags. They can draw up to 35 percent though. And of course there are slightly different numbers if its an 80/20 unit.

On another note, it looks like the archery deer hunts are creeping also.
Thank you sir, the light bulb just turned on...
 

evan williams

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2012
Messages
1,628
Location
Colorado Springs
Don't worry...seems like it was rough all around. Its the end of the 5 year cycle that the DOW had put in place and there were a ton of units that had tag reductions.
 

pronghorn

Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2012
Messages
90
I feel like a fat girl on prom night. I had an 87% chance of drawing, but I guess someone needs to be in the 13%.....
 

evan williams

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2012
Messages
1,628
Location
Colorado Springs
I am with ya Henry!!! Last year there were tags left over for my unit and I drew with 0!!! Nothing at all this year...1st, 2nd, or 3rd choice!!!
 
Top