CO 2012 Draw stats are out

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Depressing...
good unit that was taking 2-3 is now 10-15! and it's not better hunting than it was at 2-3. Poor fellows who waited more than a decade.

OP
Foldem

Foldem

WKR
No problem Matt. I love looking through these tables! I spend a lot of time looking through them each winter.

NDHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Can someone explain how to get the nonresident quotas? When I look at the recap summaries, it looks like there are columns for "Gen, Lown, Nres and Yth." There are always numbers under gen and Lown but for Nres and Yth it is always a 0. Thanks....

I believe its because there is no set quota for non res. Say there are 100 tags for a specific hunt. Landowners get 15 percent so there would be 85 tags left for the regular draw. Residents could draw all 85 tags if they had the most preference points. Non res aren't guaranteed 35 percent of the tags. They can draw up to 35 percent though. And of course there are slightly different numbers if its an 80/20 unit.

On another note, it looks like the archery deer hunts are creeping also.

NDHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I believe its because there is no set quota for non res. Say there are 100 tags for a specific hunt. Landowners get 15 percent so there would be 85 tags left for the regular draw. Residents could draw all 85 tags if they had the most preference points. Non res aren't guaranteed 35 percent of the tags. They can draw up to 35 percent though. And of course there are slightly different numbers if its an 80/20 unit.

On another note, it looks like the archery deer hunts are creeping also.

Thank you sir, the light bulb just turned on...

Don't worry...seems like it was rough all around. Its the end of the 5 year cycle that the DOW had put in place and there were a ton of units that had tag reductions.

pronghorn

FNG
I feel like a fat girl on prom night. I had an 87% chance of drawing, but I guess someone needs to be in the 13%.....

I am with ya Henry!!! Last year there were tags left over for my unit and I drew with 0!!! Nothing at all this year...1st, 2nd, or 3rd choice!!!