CO 44 Deer

bigsky2

Lil-Rokslider
My dad cashed in his deer points this year and drew second season in 44. I know the unit isn't what it once was, but he wants to swing for the fences and he thought 44 gave him as good of a chance at a really big buck as anywhere. We know its going to be a tough hunt, especially during 2nd season, and we are willing to go home empty handed if we don't find something special. That being said, I was hoping to hear from anyone that has hunted the unit in the past. Any general advice, areas to check out, etc. With the way management is going in CO, point creep, etc. this will likely be our last deer hunt down there so we're hoping to make the most out of it. Feel free to PM me. We are from Montana and I'd be happy to exchange info about hunting MT. Thanks in advance

Go to where no one else wants to go, lots of roads in the unit lots of pressure but i
Could have shot 180”+ bucks driving the back roads at times. Snow will be your friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curious how your hunt went with? Did your dad have a good time? Where did you end up hunting? I am on my way to drawing the 44 4th season this year and I want to get as much as I can.

Thank you for any time you guys are willing to give.