CO 4th Season 11/211

Hey guys,

Decided to burn some points on a 4th season tag this year. Been marking down some spots that I want to look into and I think I have a pretty good idea of where I'd like to go but I'm looking for advice from some folks with experience in the area during that time frame. Planning a drive over there from SLC to check things out but late November is a long ways and big weather change off so I'd like to focus my efforts with a little more intel.

Mainly it looks like there are a couple access points to some of the bigger blm chunks that should be good. Any issues with road closures as the season goes on or is it mostly road conditions I need to look out for? Doesn't look like crowding should be as much of an issue during 4th season vs tag allocation #'s during 3rd deer/elk so hopefully that doesn't concentrate too many folks at those access points. Anyone willing to share their experience or general advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Josh

zrodwyo

Lil-Rokslider
2 out of the last 3 deer I killed in 11 tested positive for CWD. I would get yours tested if you care about that.

OP
EchoLimaKilo
2 out of the last 3 deer I killed in 11 tested positive for CWD. I would get yours tested if you care about that.
Hadn’t even thought about that, thanks for the heads up, I appreciate it.

When you take it in for the testing did you drop lymph nodes off or the whole head? Just wondering if I’d need to spend an extra day there potentially waiting to get a skull back for a euro mount.

Last edited:

OneShot

Lil-Rokslider
Hadn’t even thought about that, thanks for the heads up, I appreciate it.

When you take it in for the testing did you drop lymph nodes off or the whole head? Just wondering if I’d need to spend an extra day there potentially waiting to get a skull back for a euro mount.
I had to mandatory check a few years ago for a buck I killed in 22. It’s quite easy, just went to one of the CPW offices and they took a sample from the head. Only took about 20 minutes of my day.

11 and 211 are on the mandatory check. Here is the webpage

OP
EchoLimaKilo
I had to mandatory check a few years ago for a buck I killed in 22. It’s quite easy, just went to one of the CPW offices and they took a sample from the head. Only took about 20 minutes of my day.

11 and 211 are on the mandatory check. Here is the webpage

Awesome, thanks. Figured it wouldn't be too difficult but just wanted to make sure, first time I've dealt with the mandatory testing.

Awesome, thanks. Figured it wouldn't be too difficult but just wanted to make sure, first time I've dealt with the mandatory testing.
Hey EchoLimaKilo,

My dads looking to burn his points on a 4th season for these units as well.

If you could send me a DM with any info you have on the deer pop and quality I would appreciate it. I’d Dm you myself but I can’t figure out how lol.

OP
EchoLimaKilo
Hey EchoLimaKilo,

My dads looking to burn his points on a 4th season for these units as well.

If you could send me a DM with any info you have on the deer pop and quality I would appreciate it. I’d Dm you myself but I can’t figure out how lol.
All good, I’ll shoot you a message!