CO 8 points: deer or elk?

jolemons

WKR
This is my last year as a CO resident and I have 8 points. What's everyone's opinion on if I should use them for elk versus deer? I can only manage one hunt. My initial thought was choose a good deer unit for early season in a unit with OTC elk. Posted in elk forum as well. Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

If you have 8 points for both species I would go for Mule Deer. With the way point creep is heading, this may be your last chance at a quality Muley hunt in Colorado for a long time, especially if you are losing residency.

Okbow87

Lil-Rokslider
I would use them for elk. 8 points as a non resident puts you 3-4 points above anything you can draw, and about 10 short of anything else you would want to draw.

8 points or a few more as a non resident will get you into several nice mule deer hunts all over the state.

Chad92

FNG
Points in Co for non-res is either deer or elk can’t move to one or the other as far as I know

bowhuntersd

Lil-Rokslider
I would spend them on a good Elk hunt as a Resident. There is a better chance of shooting a great buck in almost any unit and with 8 or so points you can draw most hunts. IMO.