CO Bear questions - Not location specific

John pettimore

Lil-Rokslider
The story is too long for this post but I am facing a situation where I am going to miss deer season here in the Midwest and don’t have the time to plan nor available off work for a trip. However, I am going to be in CO (Denver) and would like to at least spend some time in the mountains which has me thinking OTC bear, day trips. Still trying to make my way through the regulations and I think I know the answer but would like to confirm. If I buy an OTC bear tag, assuming I am in the proper unit, I can hunt each of the 4 rifle seasons on that one tag, correct? I don’t have to buy a tag for each “season”?

Also, I know nothing about bears. Where would they normally be this time of year (October and November)? Lower elevation?I assume getting as fat as they can? What are desirable food sources this time of year?

Thank you

sndmn11

WKR
If you do not wish to buy an elk or deer license, you can buy any of the below bear licenses over the counter and are limited to the dates specific to the hunt code you choose. I didn't take the time to look at them all, but they should coincide with 1st through 4th deer/elk season and can only be hunted during those dates, not in between seasons.
Screenshot_20200916-200212.png