CO blaze orange

Johnksully

Lil-Rokslider
Going on my first rifle hunt in October. I've bow hunted several times. What's a good blaze orange vest to wear? I'm thinking the cheap 3 dollar velcro vest is only going to get in the way. What are some good options?

rayporter

WKR

I’ve got a set of Patagonia tops in orange for this purpose. One is an nano puff vest, a nano puff pullover hoody and a pullover rain jacket. I don’t care for the requirement, but being shot or fined is much worse. It took some time and experimenting, but I finally have functional pieces that keep me warm and meet the requirements.

wseidel

WKR
Orange Aglow is a great option, especially when paired with their blaze orange panel that you affix to the back of your pack. Quiet, light in weight, and inexpensive. Hope this helps...

WKR
Made in USA.

WKR
Emailed Orange Aglow to see where they make them. Anyone have one with a label that says? Curious.

ericF

WKR
I've never had a problem with the cheap orange vests, but I prefer as minimum flair as possible. As cnelk said, don't forget a hat and a orange bandana or panel for the backpack.

sndmn11

WKR
Kind of thought that was the case. No big deal was just hoping it may be USA.

Agreed. I keep trying to find something similarly lightweight and inexpensive in pink. My logic is that if another hunter saw me from a distance they would steer clear thinking I was a woman.

SonnyDay

WKR
Pink is legal in CO... but yeah, be careful on your assumptions about guys avoiding you if you're wearing it!

Also important to note that it has to be solid orange or pink... Camo patterns on top of the orange/pink are not allowed in CO.

And yes, hats are required as well. I recommend a ball cap for hot weather and knit cap for cold weather (both of which you could encounter within a few hours in CO elk country!)

Tsimms

FNG
I really like the Truetimber Theaf River vest. Comfortable quiet well made with functional pockets.