CO - Cow Moose Hunt

squirrel

WKR
I got invited to go along, now I have to go the whole summer without pissing her off and her revoking the invitation... M-37 cow...

miloak

FNG
I'm not sure how but I didn't draw. Hopefully I don't ever make that mistake again.

Good luck to the rest of you. Hopefully someone pulled a moose tag in CO.

Congratulations. Seriously.
Simple mistakes are one of the curses of the preference point system.

khunter

Lil-Rokslider
You lucked out. Congrats. Few nonres put in and at least two jumped in To beat you out on the tag. Some years only one or two nonres apply==100% draw odds.

OP
robie

robie

WKR
You lucked out. Congrats. Few nonres put in and at least two jumped in To beat you out on the tag. Some years only one or two nonres apply==100% draw odds.

I'm very curious to see the draw report when it comes out.

I saw a few years where people with 1 point drew (not weighted points).

In 10 years of applying across the west this was my first mistake. I will certainly be more careful going forward.

I doubt I would have jumped back in had I drawn, in today's system that's $500 worth of points. The points game starts to add up.

khunter

Lil-Rokslider
In 25 years across 7 states I wish I only had one application mistake overall.

Man, you lucked out, last year one NR with at least 3+0 applied. This year 6 including you did.

Take solace in the fact your random number was so poor you could not snag a cow tag from a small grpup so you did not actually miss out on bull, you had too poor of a random number for bull too.

Had you drawn cow you would be wondering if you would have drawn bull.

OP
robie

robie

WKR
I drew a non res cow tag....but I had a bunch of points. I was maybe never going to draw a bull tag in CO....so what the heck.

____
We're you unit 18. Looks like some one with 8 weighted points took the cow tag. I hope they meant to apply for that unit?

Someone with 17 weighted points didn't draw. Either they meant to apply for the tag and got very unlucky or didn't mean to and got very lucky.

8711acff37c2498b463b95c19f4cf034.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892U using Tapatalk