CO Elk guys...which week you prefer?

bz_711

WKR
For OTC Archery Elk in CO...if you could pick one week, would you prefer week 2 or 4 of the season, and why? (week 3 typically muzzleloader)
This year that would be week 2 (Sept 8-13) or week 4 (Sept 22-27)?

I've heard them bugle during the summer. As far as rutting, I've never seen them really "rut" until late in the second week.

If I was you I would choose week 4 this year, its going to be as late into september as one can hunt them do to the later start date this year. But it all depends how far away from where the muzzy guys were you want to hunt. Likewise week 2 will be the latest into Sept you can hunt them before the muzzy guys crack at them, so its all up to your prefrences as either can be good.

Huntfun

FNG
I hunted the last week of bow last year in unit 7 and while there was not a lot of buggling there was some and I was able to call in some nice ones one day they were receptive to calling. This year I will be bowhunting during the Muzzleloader season. I have bow hunted during muzzleloader and find it to be a good time...most years. I hunt back in foot and hoof traffic only area so we do not see many hunters back as far as we get. Hopefully it is not a hot year.