Co elk hunt for me, What does wife do?

OP
G

gibby97

FNG
Not sure why some people want to basically tell them man to blow his wife off and focus solely on hunting. There is nothing wrong with going on a unit and taking your spouse. She may be just as excited to go as him just to get out of the house or see the mountains. Guy just wants to know what she can do for several days while she’s there. He’s not asking for your personal opinion on his wife going....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you, my point exactly. She is perfectly content reading a book and working on the computer if needed. All i was asking was for some info that she may not find on the internet such as wineries or must sees that aren’t well known.

as for the rest who say send her on a vaca of her own, we can afford and take plenty of vacations so She does exactly what she wants to whether its with me or herself when it comes to vaca.

Thank you, my point exactly. She is perfectly content reading a book and working on the computer if needed. All i was asking was for some info that she may not find on the internet such as wineries or must sees that aren’t well known.

as for the rest who say send her on a vaca of her own, we can afford and take plenty of vacations so She does exactly what she wants to whether its with me or herself when it comes to vaca.

Does she like to fish? I’ve found some good trout fishing spots up there close by if she enjoys that.

Not sure why some people want to basically tell them man to blow his wife off and focus solely on hunting. There is nothing wrong with going on a unit and taking your spouse. She may be just as excited to go as him just to get out of the house or see the mountains. Guy just wants to know what she can do for several days while she’s there. He’s not asking for your personal opinion on his wife going....

You have communicated to her that you are leaving before light and getting back to the hotel after dark, right? After all these years, I swear mine still doesn’t get how hunting works...

Obviously he knows her better than we do, but it has a lot to do with her expectations. Mine would be completely content to sit by the pool at the hotel reading for a day or two, and spend a day shopping, but after that she’d have wised up to the fact that this wasn’t a “couples” vacation. She wouldn’t be thrilled to spend a week by herself in a place where she doesn’t know anyone, even with a car.

Make sure she doesn’t expect y’all to eat breakfast together, think she has a few hours to herself, and you’ll be back at the hotel at 5 to have a glass of wine with her.

I think the better way to handle it is go out there together, spend a few days on vacation while you acclimate, pick up things you may need, and go on a few fun scouting hikes together. Then she heads home or to do something with friends while you take care of business.

Obviously he knows her better than we do, but it has a lot to do with her expectations. Mine would be completely content to sit by the pool at the hotel reading for a day or two, and spend a day shopping, but after that she’d have wised up to the fact that this wasn’t a “couples” vacation. She wouldn’t be thrilled to spend a week by herself in a place where she doesn’t know anyone, even with a car.

Make sure she doesn’t expect y’all to eat breakfast together, think she has a few hours to herself, and you’ll be back at the hotel at 5 to have a glass of wine with her.

I think the better way to handle it is go out there together, spend a few days on vacation while you acclimate, pick up things you may need, and go on a few fun scouting hikes together. Then she heads home or to do something with friends while you take care of business.

Not a bad idea of adding a few days if possible. I’m taking mine from sep 9-20. Tenting it almost the entire time. Pretty much roughing it. Lol. We will do a few things during the day after we hunt before the afternoon hunt. (We are on smaller private ground). And she’s never camped for more than a day. Maybe 2 at the max. lol. At least she will have an elk tag as well. So she’s excited to break in her new bow. But we will see how she adjusts to total disconnect from cell service and comforts of home. If she loves it then I’ll be booking a caribou hunt for us as soon as we get back! Lol. I’ve wanted to do a drop hunt on the brooks range for several years